The ISAC team is now the nmCS team!
The Nanoscale & Microscale Research Centre (nmRC) is pleased to announce the re-branding of its commercial and knowledge exchange team. The Interface and Surface Analysis Centre (ISAC) will now become the Commercial Services team for the nmRC (nmCS).
In January 2022 the ISAC was formally moved from the operational control of the School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science to that of the nmRC. This was the conclusion of a long and successful operational link between the School and Centre and was done to enable a more comprehensive and strategic commercial and knowledge exchange programme to be developed with a particular focus on materials characterisation capabilities at UoN.
Now centred on the nmRC, but also working in support of wider materials characterisation facilities across the Faculties, the team is well established, and has been driving a number of exciting new endeavours including:
- The ‘e-nmRC’ Strategic Knowledge Exchange project focussed on remote engagement, delivery of services and continuing professional development.
- The prospective development of a Midlands Innovation Electron Microscopy Network.
- Expansion and remodelling of an analytical services model.
- Pipeline analytical equipment development and support.
- The public outreach programme ‘Under the Microscope’
- …and much much more!
A re-brand of the team was considered appropriate given the change in operational control and expanded remit. More information on the re-brand and what the nmCS team offer/ are working on more broadly can be found on the new commercial team website: www.nottingham.ac.uk/nmrc-commercial
Please don't hesitate to get in touch via our new email handle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes on behalf of all at the nmRC
Dr Matthew Piggott
Head of Commercial, nmRC
Posted on Thursday 23rd February 2023