- To support the awareness, application and advancement of materials characterisation, surface and interface science.
- Use our world leading expertise in surface analytics to develop the best solutions to commercial and industrial problems.
- Develop awareness of our surface and interfacial science capabilities, and drive commercial engagement.
- Better co-ordinate professional materials characterisation services through a single contact point.
- Work with new collaborators to advance our track record of achievements in scientific publication and grant success.
Right: Opening access to our world leading experts and facilities to develop commercial, industrial and academic success.
With world leading experts in materials characterisation, nanotechnology, biomedical surfaces, mechanical engineering and beyond, nmCS targets being a gateway to quality analysis and interpretation in a wealth of scientific and industrial applications.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- From chemical identification and spatial mapping to mechanical property assessment, microstructural analysis and more.
- Analyse a broad range of materials including pharmaceuticals, machine components, performance coatings, polymers, cosmetics, foodstuffs, textiles, geological samples etc.
- Visualisation and compositional analysis.
- Cryogenic workflows and correlative analyses to support soft matter system interrogations.
- Interrogation of material surfaces and interfaces.
- Assessment and understanding of surface chemistries, morphologies and physicochemical properties.
- Quantification and qualification of the biological functions and dynamics of molecular assemblies, cells, tissues and organisms.
- Biomolecular imaging and kinetics to determine the structure and behaviour of biological molecules.
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Understand and control matter at the very smallest scales, from around 100 nanometres down to the dimensions of single atoms.
- Morphological, tribological and physicochemical analysis to advance system formulation, design and performance.