Manufacturing food futures
The Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in food was a partnership between the University of Nottingham, Loughborough University and the University of Birmingham that was funded by EPSRC from 2013 until 2019. The Centre was led by Prof Tim Foster, University of Nottingham Biomaterials Group.
The Centre worked across two specific grand challenges:
- 1) Innovative materials, products and processes
- 2) Sustainable food supply and manufacture
The Centre worked across six key themes:
- a) Upgrading of ingredients for improved diets and lifestyles
- b) Food manufacturing for healthy diets and lifestyles
- c) New processing technologies
- d) New flexible manufacturing processes
- e) Eco-food manufacturing
- f) Sustainable food supply chain
Although the Centre has now formally finished, expertise from the Centre can still be found at the participating Universities. Below you will find the Centre's final report, yearly reports, presentations and links to publications. Questions concerning either the Centre or the expertise available should be directed to: Prof Tim Foster.