The Cellulitis PSP held its first meeting in January 2016 and the final workshop took place in April 2017.
Surveys were used to help identify questions that patients, carers or clinicians have about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cellulitis.
A summary of the whole process is shown below:
- Survey 1 Collection survey - asking for uncertainties in the treatment and prevention of cellulitis from patients, carers and health
- Uncertainties collated Responses to survey used to identify true uncertainties.
- Survey 2 Ranking survey – most frequently raised questions about uncertainties to be ranked in order of importance
- Final workshop - The Partnership invites patients and healthcare providers to attend a workshop to discuss the most frequently asked questions.
- Top 10 uncertainties Information is published and developed in to research proposals so that future research focuses on the most important questions.
The partner organisations involved in promoting the Cellulitis PSP:
• UK Dermatology Clinical Trials Network (UKDCTN)
• British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
• Primary Care Dermatology Society
• British Society for Medical Dermatology
• Lymphoedema Support Network (LSN)
• British Lymphology Society
• Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) UK
• Children’s Lymphoedema Special Interest Group
• Leg Ulcer Forum
• Royal College of General Practitioners
• General Practice Research on Infections Network
• Society for Academic Primary Care
• Royal College of Emergency Medicine
• British Infections Association
• Leg Clubs