School of Geography: Geosciences Research Theme
This theme is leading research in earth and environmental systems over a range of spatial and temporal scales.
We investigate patterns and processes within the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere to make inferences about past, present and future change.
We are pioneering the latest technologies for geoscience data collection, analysis and knowledge transfer. Supported by state-of-the-art laboratories and information systems, we engage in fundamental and applied research with a strong focus on resource and environmental management, biodiversity, risk mitigation and ecosystem restoration.
Four sub-themes summarise our range of activities:
- 21 April 2021 (13:00-14:00)
- With Jonathan Lenoir, Université de Picardie Jules Verne, France. Part of the Geosciences Seminar Series.
- 29 April 2021 (09:00-10:00)
- With Rachael Gallagher, Macquarie University, Australia. Part of the Geosciences Seminar Series.
- 26 May 2021 (13:00-14:00)
- With Sarah Cook, Biosciences, University of Nottingham. Part of the Geosciences Seminar Series.
Members of this theme are participating in the:
School research groups