Managing Hyperacusis in Adults and Children
The multidisciplinary Hearing Sciences team at the University of Nottingham are clinical and research leaders in hearing related disorders. We welcome you to the first masterclass in a series of important clinical topics. Delivered in collaboration with world-leading colleagues, this masterclass will equip professionals and trainees with comprehensive, current perspectives and contemporary research evidence on the effective management of hyperacusis in adults and children.
This masterclass is approved by the British Academy of Audiology for CPD and delivered across four weekly sessions:
- Day 1 - Definitions, prevalence of, and neurophysiological mechanisms underpinning hyperacusis for both adults and children
- Day 2 - Hyperacusis diagnostic assessment criteria, clinical investigation and assessment, and associated syndromes
- Day 3 - The lived experiences of adults with hyperacusis. Evidence for the effectiveness of management options for adults with hyperacusis
- Day 4 - The lived experiences of children with hyperacusis and their parents. Evidence for the effectiveness of management options for hyperacusis in children. Patient and clinician priorities for future research. Where next for hyperacusis?
This course is suitable for:
- Hearing Therapists
- ENT Doctors
- AudioVestibular Physicians
- Industry representatives
- Researchers, clinical trainees and postgraduate students
- Members of professional bodies
Finally, after having seen hyperacusis patients for the last 14 years, there is a comprehensive course that hearing health professionals can attend which gives an up-to-date view of the research across all areas of hyperacusis management.
Laura Turton, Adult Audiology Team Leader, NHS Tayside, UK
Read the full testimonial