Bursary value: £2,000 per academic year (£1,000 per academic year, if in receipt of Nottingham Potential Bursary)
Eligibility criteria explained:
To receive the Care Experienced and Estranged Bursary in the 2024/25 academic year, you must:
- be registered on a full-time undergraduate degree course (or PGCE/Graduate Entry Nursing/Graduate Entry Medicine) at Nottingham which you commenced in September 2024/25
- have a household income below £35,000 and had a full financial assessment carried out by Student Finance
- have UK home status for funding purposes
- be liable for the tuition fee set in 2024/25
- be currently or have been in public care for a minimum period of three months, since your 14th Birthday; if you were under special guardianship or kinship care during this period may also qualify or you have been granted independent status by Student Finance England due to estrangement
However, you will not receive the Care Experienced and Estranged Bursary if you are in receipt of:
- other University of Nottingham scholarships or bursaries (excluding the University of Nottingham Core Bursary and University of Nottingham Accommodation Bursary)
- an external sponsorship for their course, e.g. from industry/employers
Students in receipt of the Nottingham Potential Bursary will be able to claim £1,000 of the Care Experienced and Estranged Bursary per year of study, if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Exceptional circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Any award made on this basis will be at the discretion of the Financial Support Team.