As a member of the UK's prestigious Russell Group and the Universitas 21 global network of research-intensive universities, we deliver a high standard of education.
We consistently rank highly in UK and international league tables.
- In the UK's top 20 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked 103 in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2022
- A world top 70 university for employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Sports University of the Year in TheTimes and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
Our league table positions
Inspiring people, amazing spaces
Students are at the heart of what we do. We are continuously developing our campuses to ensure that you have the learning spaces, facilities and resources that you need. View our recent developments.
Our teaching is delivered by some of the brightest minds in their fields and shaped by the latest ground-breaking research. Student evaluations tell us that our teaching is excellent and hundreds of academic staff are nominated for our staff Oscars each year.
View the profiles of some of our leading academics:
Dr Tanvir Hussain – Assistant Professor in Materials Engineering (Coatings), Faculty of Engineering
Surface and coatings technology are central to the research of Tanvir, a University of Nottingham graduate. His group pioneered novel coating processes from nanomaterials and graphene for the next generation of aero-engines.
Collaborating with large companies such as Rolls-Royce, his interest lies in finding new coatings to reduce carbon emissions.
Tanvir teaches Aerospace Materials to undergraduate engineering students.
Dr Anja Neundorf – Associate Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences
Using advanced statistical methods, Dr Anja Neundorf analyses how individuals form and retain their political attitudes, identities and behaviour over time and in different political systems.
She is currently exploring how past authoritarian regimes influence political attitudes today – a project which has received £200,000 of Economic and Social Research Council funding.
Anja’s next project will investigate how we can best teach democracy in order to overcome these legacies.
Research at Nottingham makes an impact around the world by tackling some of the major challenges facing society, the economy and the environment.
This is where the MRI scanner was invented; where you’ll find the world’s largest group of human rights scholars; and where the answers to global food security are being unearthed.
- Ranked 8th in the UK for research power, with more than 97% of research recognised internationally ( Research Excellence Framework, 2014)
- Our academics have received Nobel Prizes in medicine (Sir Peter Mansfield, 2003), economics (Sir Clive Granger, 2003) and chemistry (Sir Fraser Stoddart, 2016)
Our research impact Meet our researchers
Links with industry
A large number of courses at the University of Nottingham include a placement or work experience element, ensuring that you receive first-hand experience in professional environments.
Whether you undertake a year in industry, take up a summer internship or have a clinical placement as part of your course, you will be equipped with the skills employers are looking for.
Our Careers and Employability Service