The University of Nottingham and your Students’ Union would like to welcome all students back for a new semester and a new year. We hope you’ve had an enjoyable break and wish you all the best for 2018. Of course, we know that some of you have been here throughout the holiday period studying and carrying out research and we recognise your hard work.
We want to wish the best of luck to those of you who have exams and deadlines coming up. Below are some useful resources to see you through the exam period.
- Make sure you’ve familiarised yourself with your exam timetable and know where you need to be for each exam, as well as what will be expected of you
- The Exam Ready page is full of useful information including past papers, study tips and revision aids, and support for dealing with exam anxiety
- The libraries can get crowded during the exam period – use the Study Anywhere page to find additional study spaces across our campuses
- Check Student Vlogger Hannah's top tips for preparing for exams
- Don't forget to take breaks; UoN Sport and HealthyU have teamed up to introduce NewU – a programme of events to help you work your body and rest your mind
Your SU Officers will be handing out free exam packs as part of their Little Pick Me Ups campaign across our campuses, packed full of goodies to help get you through your revision.
Now that you're back
Coming back to campus at the beginning of a new year is a great opportunity to try new things and discover all of the opportunities that you might have missed last term. Your Students' Union is running its annual Refreshers event to showcase the vast range of clubs and societies available to you. View the full programme of upcoming events.
Please take a moment to look at the safety advice from our security team. It includes information on personal safety and keeping your possessions secure.
If you're living off campus, don't forget to be mindful of others in the community. Let your neighbours know you're back and make sure you remind yourself of your rubbish collection days.
Finally, we've made a few changes to the Student Charter pages, so do familiarise yourself with these so that you can be clear about what we expect from you and what you can expect from us in return. We've updated the guide to our Code of Discipline to help you navigate any issues you may encounter and we've also introduced a new channel for you to confidentially report harassment in the very unfortunate scenario that you need to do so.
On behalf of all at the University of Nottingham and your Students' Union we wish you the best of luck with the semester ahead.
Posted on Thursday 11th January 2018