Extended library opening hours
The libraries will be operating a 24/7 service during the following periods:
- Hallward library: Monday 24 April - Friday 9 June
- George Green Library: Monday 24 April - Friday 9 June
- Business Library: Monday 24 April - Friday 9 June
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre: Monday 24 April - Friday 9 June
- Greenfield Medical Library: Monday 24 April - Friday 23 June
- James Cameron-Gifford Library: Saturday 8 April - Friday 23 June
It's exam time and you're working hard, so finding the right place to study is important...
However, there are any number of issues which can stop you finding your perfect revision spot:
- you woke up too late to bag a desk with a power point in the library
- your choice of snacks will make you unpopular in the silent section of Hallward
- you're just too tired to make the trip up Portland Hill
What you might not know is that in addition to the main libraries, there are a range of other rooms available for study across all of our campuses.
Wherever you are, find the nearest room to you from our list below.
Study rooms across our campuses
The rooms below have been reserved during the exam period as study spaces. Simply turn up and grab a seat.
Study in your School
A lot of Schools and Departments also have dedicated study spaces.
If you're not sure what's available in your School/Department, check with reception staff.
University halls of residence
If you live in University halls of residence, you'll find a range of study space available (and not just in your bedroom!)
A number of halls have dedicated study bars, computer rooms and libraries available all year, as well as meeting rooms and lounges that are used for study space during exam periods.
Cripps Hall has a library and a conference room available for study.
Florence Boot Hall
Florence Boot Hall has a library, lounge, study bar and computer room available for study.
Hugh Stewart Hall
Hugh Stewart Hall has all areas (the bar, library, JCR, study room, etc.) open 24/7 during the exam period.
Rutland Hall has a study bar (open 24/7), a library (open 24/7) and the Ashwell Room (open 8am-11.30pm).
Sherwood Hall has a library and a study bar, which are open to all students between 8am and 10pm. Outside of these hours it is accessible to residents only.
Willoughby Hall has the McGuirk study room available to residents 24/7. The Machicado and Morton Colvile suites are available (subject to teaching committments) between 9am and 11pm, Monday to Friday.
Can't find a PC?
If you're struggling to get online, use our PC finder to locate available computers near to you on campus.