The Department of German Studies
The Trent building, where German Studies is housed, lies at the heart of the University Park Campus
With an excellent national and international reputation for teaching and research, we offer a first-class environment for undergraduate and postgraduate study. Our students are part of a vibrant research culture where a wide range of module choices reflects the specialist expertise of our academics in the areas of German Literature, Film, Media, History, Politics, Linguistics, Philosophy and Gender Studies. We are also one of the few departments in the UK offering Dutch to degree level.
We promote excellent German language skills supported by native speakers and are committed to teaching in small groups.
All students are supported in their individual strengths and interests by our dedicated team of teachers: lecturers who are recognized experts in their field, committed personal tutors, experienced language teachers (many of them native-German speakers), and a highly supportive year abroad team with a dedicated Work Placements Officer.
Home to a lively student community we offer a broad range of co-curricular activities: our student-run German-language newspaper and annual German play production, and our active French & German society organizes regular social events and trips.
Learning Resources supplied by Deutsche Welle
- Applications for Midlands3Cities Doctoral Partnership AHRC funding for commencement of PhD study in 2015 are now open. Book now for the application workshop 15 Nov.
- CLAS is delighted to announce that the winners of the 2014 Flash Fiction competition are Sophia Danielsson-Waters and Isabelle Moss. Congratulations!
- It has been an eventful year for the German Department. See the School blog for a review
- 12 November 2014
- Trent B4
- Department of German Studies: Research Seminar
- 15 November 2014
- City Campus, Newton Building, Nottingham Trent University
- Workshop for Home/EU students interested in applying for postgraduate funding in the Arts and Humanities
- 20 November 2014
- Trent B46