The Faculty of Social Sciences is comprised of seven major schools. Our schools offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as PhD and research opportunities.
Each school has its own unique features and characteristics, but also share a number of common strengths including:
- high-quality teaching and learning with access to a superb range of facilities and amenities
- internationally renowned academics
- world-leading research
- excellent links with industry partners, professional associations and prospective employers
- a range of flexible learning options including modularisation, e-learning and part-time support
Many of our faculty schools are consistently ranked among the best in the country and we are proud of our:
- UK number 1 for social work in The Complete University Guide 2018
- UK top 10 rating for economics, law, social work and social policy in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- UK top 10 rating for accounting and finance in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- UK top 5 and world top 25 rating for education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
In the latest National Student Survey, an average of 87% of students within our faculty schools said they were happy with the quality of their course and 89% found it intellectually stimulating.