Welcome to the Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies students enjoy the facilities provided by the Trent building
The Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies is the joint top-ranking research department nationally. We teach Spanish and Portuguese language and we cover Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Spanish America and Lusophone Africa. We offer literature, history, cultural studies, film and visual culture, from the Renaissance to the present day. Our staff and postgraduates research in all these areas.
Take a look at our Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies newsletter, "SPLAT"
- A wide range of languages and levels available to study this autumn. Enrolment deadline 29 September.
- Congratulations to Professor Catherine Davies (Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies) who has been appointed as the new director of the Institute of odern Languages Reasearch!
- Congatulations to the five members of CLAS staff, who were nominated in the University's inaugural Knowledge Exchange and Innovation awards.
- 19 November 2014
- D.H. Lawrence Heritage Centre
- A public lecture by Professor Neil Roberts on Lawrence's time in Mexico.
- 22 - 23 November 2014
- Nottingham City Centre
- Assume a character from Sillitoe's Saturday Night Sunday Morning and join in the world's first 24-hour 'street tweet' of a film script.