Welcome to the Department of Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies
The Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies is the joint top-ranking research department nationally. We teach Spanish and Portuguese language and we cover Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Spanish America and Lusophone Africa. We offer literature, history, cultural studies, film and visual culture, from the Renaissance to the present day. Our staff and postgraduates research in all these areas.
Take a look at our Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies newsletter, "SPLAT"
- This is a new full-time programme designed for UK students whose school-leaving qualifications do not meet the current admissions requirements for direct entry to undergraduate programmes in the arts and humanities, and mature students holding non-standard qualifications.
- We are running a Twitter Question and Answer session for undergraduate offer-holders via @CLASUoN on Friday 27th March. Find out more...
- 27 - 28 April 2015
- Confirmed Keynote speaker : Professor Pat Thomson
- 28 April 2015
- A40 Sir Clive Granger
- Dr Óscar Jiménez Serrano shares his experience of 25 years as an International Conference Interpreter
- 29 April 2015
- Trent C7
- Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies Research Seminar Series