“The UK Aerospace sector is the number one aerospace industry in Europe, second only to the US in the global market.” - Royal Aeronautical Society.
Our specialist aerospace teams here at Nottingham work in partnership with a range of major aerospace companies and SMEs. We also work with many other research institutes/centres and business services across the University.
We are always interested in establishing links with new companies and exploring additional areas of collaboration with existing partners.
Our key industrial partners include, amongst others:
- The UK Aerospace sector generates over £35 billion inturnover annually
- Provides over 120,000 highly skilled jobs and 282,000 jobs in total, paying 40% above the national average
- The average salary for an aerospace engineer is between £25,000 for new starters and £52,000 for an experienced engineer.
- More than 3,000 aerospace companies operate in the UK, and it is home to the largest number of aerospace SMEs in Europe.
- The Midlands region of the UK is home to over 25% of the UK aerospace sector, equivalent to 3% of the global aerospace market.
- Aerospace Sector Deal Policy Paper (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and Department for Transport), 2020
- National Careers Service, accessed November 2022
- United Kingdom - Country Commercial Guide: Aerospace and Defence (US International Trade Administration), 2022