“The UK Aerospace sector is the number one aerospace industry in Europe, second only to the US in the global market.” - Royal Aeronautical Society.
Our specialist aerospace teams here at Nottingham work in partnership with a range of major aerospace companies and SMEs. We also work with many other research institutes/centres and business services across the University.
We are always interested in establishing links with new companies and exploring additional areas of collaboration with existing partners.
Our key industrial partners include, amongst others:
- UK Aerospace sector generates over £31 billion in turnover
- Provides 128,000 direct jobs - 26,000 in research, design and engineering
- Supports an additional 154,000 jobs as well as 3,300 apprentices or trainees
- The average salary in the aerospace industry is £41,000
- 19% of Aerospace employment was in the East Midlands (16,000 people).
- With 17% of the entire global market UK Aerospace supplies high-value, high-tech components for almost every major aircraft platform.
- UK Government is investing £2 billion to support Aerospace research, development and innovation.
- Sources: Aerospace Growth Partnership and the ONS Annual Business Register and Employment Survey 2014