Our links with organisations are extensive and their input is invaluable. No business education is complete without it.
Engage with some of the world’s largest companies and dynamic SMEs while studying with us. Be inspired by great speakers, develop a relationship with a mentor, and be exposed to the business world.
In recognition of our role in helping to kick-start British enterprise, we have been awarded a Small Business Charter Award.
Teaching and learning
- Deloitte, Ernst and Young, HSBC, KPMG, L’Oreal, Procter and Gamble, PwC and Unilever take part in the Professional Development for Leadership and Management (PDLM) programme and the International Business, Leadership and Management (IBLM) programme for undergraduates
- You will benefit from experienced business mentors
- You will be inspired by top business leaders who give talks as part of our Business Leaders and Financial Minds speaker series
Partnerships and accreditations
- Many of our courses are accredited and shaped by prestigious organisations offering our students additional qualifications and experience
Career opportunities and networking
- Our 19,000 alumni across 110 countries connects you to a global network of businesses
- Major employers such as Rolls-Royce and Boots attend our career networking events giving you the opportunity to meet and chat with potential employers
- Student managed societies such as Nottingham Entrepreneurs and Enactus Nottingham encourage socially responsible business leaders
You can get involved in projects that make a real difference to the lives of people in local communities and abroad. Undergraduate and postgraduate students from any year of study take part in a range of volunteering activities as part of this programme.
Overseas students who study at the Business School visit primary schools and care homes to talk to children and citizens about their country's culture. Students who take part in these culture sharing programmes benefit from meeting and getting to know students on other courses, increased levels of confidence, and the satisfaction of making a difference in the community.
Paul Turner, CIMA Vice President, UK and Ireland, and Dr Douglas Howcroft, Programme Director BSc Finance Accounting and Management
Our business schools in Nottingham, China and Malaysia give our research its distinctive global reach and impact. Faculty are actively involved in a diverse range of projects with companies and organisations all over the world.
Find out more about research expertise, partnerships, centres and institutes
Work experience and company projects
- MBA and MSc students have the opportunity to partner a company for their final management project or dissertation.
- Short-term work experience placements are available to postgraduates
- We are an official CIMA University Partner, which gives students access to a network of employers
- KPMG, Diageo, Experian, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Accenture, Save the Children, Teach First, Caterpillar, Capital One, Vodafone and Alliance Boots support the University’s Nottingham Advantage Award which sees teams of students developing business-specific solutions for an employer
Our expertise supports SMEs and international businesses through our: