I am interested in the following research topics:
Creative methodologies of knowledge co-production
Food poverty and compassion
Post disaster tourism
Volunteering and civil society
Modern day slavery
1. UoN GCRF grant (£220K) Co-production for Sustainable Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM) in Kenya: A Cultural Animation Approach (PI: Judy Muthuri, CIs: Mihaela Kelemen and Lara Bianchi, ICCSR, partners: Taita Taveta University, Kenya and New Vic Theatre), August 2019-July 2020
2. EPSRC grant, RCUK Public Engagement with Research Catalysts (£71K) CI, Co-production and creativity: ethos, ty pology and innovation in public engagement practiceA, (PI: Professor David Amigoni, PVC Research Keele University) October 2017- March 2018
3. GCRF/AHRC grant, Stories of Public Health through local arts-based community engagement - SOLACE (£195K), CI, (PI: Lisa Dikomitis, Keele University, partners: Ateneo University, Philippines and New Vic Theatre), November 2017-October 2019
4. AHRC Connected Communities Festival (£15K) PI Animating Local Appetites: a Celebration of community Food and Health in Stoke in Trent, March 2015-December 2015.
5. EPSRC Community and Culture Network (£22K) CI, Beyond the Foodbank: Using Digital technologies to escape food poverty (Emma Surman -PI, Keele University) September 2014-March 2015
6. AHRC Connected Communities development grant (£100K) PI, Evaluating the Legacy of Animative and Iterative Connected Communities Projects: A Three Dimensional Model of Change, in collaboration with the New Vic Theatre, Jericho Road Solutions, Natio nal Council for Voluntary Organizations, and Leicester University, February 2014-June 2015,
7. AHRC collaborative grant, (£55K) CI, Co-designing asset mapping: comparative approaches (led by Open University), February 2014-December 2014
8. AHRC Connected Community Cardiff Festival and Further Dissemination grant (£16K) PI, Animating Communities: A Three Dimensional Installation, in collaboration with the New Vic Theatre, Brunel University and Leicester University, July 2014-March 2015
9. ESRC seminar series on Marketplace exclusion: representations, resistances and responses (£23K) CI (PI: Prof. Liz Parsons, Liverpool University, partners: Cambridge University, Nottingham University, Coventry University, Birmingham University and Leicester University), September 2013-September 2015
10. AHRC Connected Communities Showcase and Knowledge Dissemination Award (£19K) PI Bridging the Gap: an Interactive Audio-visual Installation, Edinburgh, in collaboration with New Vic The atre, June 2014
11. AHRC Development Research Grant (£122K) PI: Untold Stories of Volunteering: A Cultural Animation Project (in collaboration with Leicester University, The New Vic Theatre and the National Council for Voluntary Organizations), February 2013-July 2014
12. AHRC Follow-on Research Grant (£53K) PI: 'Bridging the Gap between Academic Theory and Community Relevance: Fresh Insights from American Pragmatism (in collaboration with The Open University, Brunel University, Edinburgh University, New Vic Theatre, the Mondo Foundation, Glass House Community Led Design and Seinan Gakuin University, Japan) February 2013 to February 2014
13. AHRC Connected Communities Showcase Award (£15K) PI: A Little Act of Kindness, in collaboration with New Vic Theatre, London, 2013.
14. AHRC Scoping Study (£37K) PI: Exploring Personal Communities: A Review of Volunteering Processes, in collaboration with New Vic Theatre, February 2012-February 2013
15. AHRC Development Projec t Grant (£122K) CI : 'Unearth Hidden Assets through Community Co-design and Co-production' (lead by Dr. Busayawan Lam, Brunel University) February 2013 to July 2014.
Mihaela is currently collaborating on the following projects:
- 'I Am My Dignity': Women Voices In Developing A Moral Capability Assessment Tool (MCAT) For Fragile Contexts