Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning
The Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning (CHILL) is an internationally renowned research centre focused on improving healthcare management and leadership to better serve the interests of patients and staff.
Our research, teaching and impact activities help health and care organisations respond to - and meet the challenges of - changing policy, service reorganisation and care delivery.
CHILL brings together extensive health research and teaching expertise on the organisation of healthcare. We have developed a large portfolio of projects which have contributed to knowledge on how healthcare ‘works’ and how it can be improved. Much of the work CHILL is involved with is co-produced with healthcare organisations, clinicians, and patients.
The Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning hosts a wide range of leading expertise on healthcare organisation, management and leadership. We work in multidisciplinary teams and with partner organisations to bring about improvement in healthcare through research and impact activity.
Our work is focused on five key strategic service priorities:
- Quality, safety, and governance
- Policy and organisational change
- Evidence implementation
- Professions, work and working lives
We achieve this by:
- undertaking cutting-edge research that underpins innovation in healthcare
- providing consultancy and impact work for the healthcare sector
- delivering world-class teaching and learning opportunities for healthcare professionals - enabling them to become transformational leaders