Think for the Future is a social enterprise working with schools across the East Midlands, delivering social and emotional resilience education focused on tackling social problems that are creating barriers for young people within the education system.
We support schools to create an infrastructure around subjects such as PSHE and Citizenship where Ofsted have highlighted that school provision is 'not yet good enough' as well as one to one support for at risk pupils.
The main part of our organisation is focused on our Behaviour Mentoring service where we work with schools within the Nottingham area to provide an in-house, tailor-made mentoring programme that works with young people that the school have identified as ‘at risk’ of being expelled.
Our model uses individuals who have real life experiences within the topics they specialise in and carefully match our mentors with pupils. This not only creates a higher sense of relatability with our educators but also generates greater outcomes for young people and the schools we work with.
Think for the Future was founded by two University of Nottingham students while studying at the University and five years later is a fully-fledged business with over 15 members of staff and offices based in Nottingham City Centre.
General: support us in all areas of our organisation. Working directly alongside our management team, you will be responsible for aiding us with the biggest team needs each week including sales, communications, HR, event management, education and delivery, marketing, media and general administration.
Marketing and digital media: research, develop and implement your own innovative marketing and digital media campaigns. Key responsibilities are focused on the development of our marketing platforms and establishing strong networks to strengthen our brand image. This includes developing effective market research, developing our social media outlets and utilising our media platforms such as YouTube and radio adverts to establish a broader network and using your creative abilities to develop an overall innovative and successful campaign.
Education and Delivery: create, analyse and modify our education. Working alongside our team of facilitators and mentors you will have the opportunity to enhance our service and make creative adjustments to our existing services. This is a very interactive part of the role where you are working directly with some very inspiring individuals and playing an active role in shaping their skills and our organisation.
Key responsibilities include observing and supporting our existing educational sessions in schools and local communities as well as providing constructive criticism and feedback to allow for continuous improvement of our content and delivery.
As part of the internship we will get you involved in workstreams within each subsection of the business for the first half of the placement and the remainder we will let you choose a project to lead on and see through to completion.
- Positive attitude and high energy when approaching this internship
- Full commitment during internship hours.
- Ability to manage change and to adapt to unexpected demands.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to work co-operatively in a small team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of working with a diverse range of individuals
- Willingness to learn and dive into new areas
- Written skills – proven ability to use clear, concise language specific for the purpose and audience
- Confident IT user
- An interest in social business/enterprise
- Interest in the education sector
- Develop a comprehensive mentor recruitment plan
- Review our education programmes and work alongside our staff members to make amends
- Support in the organisation of a teacher’s event
- Support in the development of marketing material for one of our new programmes
- Support in the writing of bids and tenders