We are developing the new go-to app for you to have a say on the stories that matter to you. YOOP lets you rate the content you see online, get insights into what others think, and discover the stories that are really important. Our goal is to create more reliable, trustworthy and diverse sources of information – by giving you the power to challenge the media.
In November, we will launch a beta version of the app on campus and we want to have 2,000 students trying it out by Christmas. You will be working with a team of six people in an exciting, stimulating and fast-paced role, and you will rapidly acquire professional skills in a dynamic environment.
Length of opportunity: 100 hours part time (November – March 2018)
We are looking for a bright, confident and motivated individual with passion for social media marketing and communication to help us make the app launch a success. You will work closely with our team to raise awareness of Yoop on social media and tell our company story. You will be taking pictures of our team, engage with students on social media, and help prepare and broadcast a large event in mid-November. You will play a key role in shaping Yoop’s branding and marketing strategies, and give a key contribution to the final stages of development and the launch of an app with great potential.
During your placement, you will help us:
- Drive and elevate the social media activity and strategy increasing brand presence, brand awareness and brand interaction through smart and creative digital initiatives and campaigns
- Create content across all relevant social media channels in-line with brand guidelines and marketing strategy
- Build a following for Yoop across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, building an interest and hype around the launch of the product amongst target customers, bloggers and influencers
- Communicate with our initial users, help us shape the company message and strategy, and feedback any lessons learned to the product development team
- Help us connect with social media influencers, for them to promote our app, retweet or repost our messages
You are someone that can work towards deadlines but also with the strong ability to work independently, thinking on the spot to create regular unique and original content for social media purposes. You know how to engage people on at least two platforms between Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – and have already a following yourself. You are a dynamic individual who is genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference and with passion for communication.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Passionate about the product, the vision and ethos of the company
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good writing and copywriting skills
- Strong communicator and effective team player
- Knowledge of social media marketing software, such as Hootsuite
- Enjoys working with a diverse range of software tools and is technically proficient
- Experience and/or strong interest in media and journalism
- Experience managing social media channels and community engagement
- Experience of marketing campaigns and providing marketing ideas
- An understanding of, and basic experience in, graphic design