Call for abstracts and paper submission
The International Society on Optics Within Life Sciences invites you to its 2014 international conference (OWLS 2014) to be held at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China from the 10-12 June 2014.
The University of Nottingham at Ningbo is located in Zhejiang Province on the south shore of Hangzhou Bay, opposite Shanghai. 7000 years old, populated with more than six million people and covering over 9000 square kilometres, Ningbo is a rapidly growing city. Ranked 7th by Forbes list of 'the top cities for business in China', it is a thriving blend of enterprise, culture, education, tradition and entertainment. The city's excellent transport links mean that Ningbo is an ideal location to explore and one from which to open up the vast delights that both China and Asia have to offer.
OWLS 2014 is an occasion for researchers and engineers from academia and industry to exchange innovative research ideas and to promote the most recent advances in the applications of optical technologies to life sciences research.
Abstracts will be published by IEEE Xplore.
The organising committee is delighted to invite papers in the following areas:
- Novel imaging techniques
- Optical elastography
- Label free imaging
- Laser based diagnostics and therapy
- Laser based biomedical applications
- Optical Tweezers and sample manipulation
- Holographic techniques in medical diagnostics
- Optical cell modification
- Optics in environmental science
- Cell signalling
- Optical spectroscopy in biology and medicine
- Applications of microscopy to life sciences
- Living cell imaging (green fluorescent protein)
- Biomedical sensing and screening
- Fluorescence energy transfer microscopy
- Physiological monitoring
- Digital signal processing and image reconstruction
- Endoscopic imaging
- Fluorescence lifetime imaging
- Optical fibre sensing
- Confocal microscopy
- Multimodal imaging
- Near-field scanning microscopy
- Nonlinear microscopy (multi-photon, SHG, THG, CARS)
- Optical coherence tomography
- Super resolution microscopy and optical nanoscopy
- Optical biosensors
- Optics in vision research
- Photodynamic therapy
- Novel clinical applications
One page abstract submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the submission of abstracts has been extended to 30 April 2014, with decisions communicated to authors in early May 2014.