Thursday, 17 September 2020
Hallward and James Cameron-Gifford libraries are scheduled to offer expanded services from Monday 21 September.
The overall capacity of our libraries has been reduced to allow for social distancing. Library staff will manage the capacity of the building at the entrance and will ask you to wait if the library is full.
Hallward and James Cameron-Gifford libraries will offer the following from Monday 21 September:
- Individual, silent study spaces - spaces must be booked in advance using the booking system that will go live on Friday 18 September
- Short stay visits (up to 30 minutes) - for printing, browsing, borrowing and click and collect
There will be separate queues for each of these services and staff will be available to direct you to the correct queue.
Future service updates
The Djanogly Learning Resource Centre currently offers study space on a first-come, first-served basis. From Monday 28 September, this study space must also be booked in advance using the booking website.
It is expected that study spaces and short stay visits will be offered in Greenfield Medical library and George Green library from Monday 28 September, however this is dependent on health and safety checks.
Services for Business and Music libraries will be confirmed soon.
The latest schedule and list of services can be found on the Libraries website.
Support and resources
Our libraries will look, and work, a little differently this year. The Libraries Essentials website and support channels have been updated to reflect these changes.
The website also offers a variety of resources, including:
• Get Library Ready - everything you need to know before using our libraries
• Welcome to libraries - your introduction to University of Nottingham Libraries
• Online events and training - live and on-demand training
You can find guidance on what to expect in our libraries, including the safety measures, on the Library Matters blog.
There are also new online support channels, including Instagram Q&As and a weekly Ask Libraries session on Microsoft Teams.