Get Library Ready
Everything you need to know about using our libraries - from booking study space and borrowing books to printing and safety measures.
Our libraries may look, and work, a little differently this year but we're here to support you with finding resources, developing your academic skills and accessing our facilities and spaces.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Covid-19 safety measures remain in place in our libraries to protect the university community.
- Anyone failing to follow the safety measures will be asked to leave, will be unable to book study space for seven days.
Visiting our libraries
Our eight libraries are home to subject-specific resources, study spaces and IT facilities.
Visit our libraries
- If you want to use study space, this must be booked in advance with Click and Study
- Drop in for a short stay visit of up to 30 minutes for printing, browsing or borrowing.
- You will need your University Card for access.
Discover your online library
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus, please self-isolate and don't visit the library.
Six simple steps for safety in our libraries
- Wear a face covering inside the library, even when using study space (unless exempt).
- We ask that those with exemptions display a sunflower lanyard or an exemption card, if possible.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly. Wipe down surfaces before and after use.
- Please keep 2 metres distance from others (including those within your household or bubble)
- Please do not eat food in the library. Drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering immediately.
Individual study space will be available in most of our libraries.
How to book study space
- Advance online booking is essential
- Space is for individual, silent study only
- Book space for up to six hours every day
- Face coverings must be worn at study spaces (unless exempt)
- No booking required after 9pm for individual study.
Short stay library visits
Drop in to our libraries for short stays of up to 30 minutes for:
- printing, copying and scanning
- using short stay PCs (where available)
- browsing the shelves and borrowing
- Click and Collect
Study space will be unavailable during short stay visits.
Libraries and opening times
You can borrow up to 60 books from our libraries.
Books are usually issued for seven days and will automatically renew until they are requested by someone else.
Click and Collect - request books on NUsearch and we'll email you when they are ready for collection.
Browse and borrow - during short stay visits, you can browse the shelves and borrow books using our self-service machines.
Bring your device
Computer rooms and laptop loans in our libraries are currently unavailable.
More about Libraries
Everything you need to know to get started with our libraries.