Get Library Ready
Wondering what to expect from libraries this year? Whether you’re a new or returning student, you'll find everything you need to know right here.
Our libraries will look, and work, a little differently this year but we're here to support you with finding resources, developing your academic skills and accessing our facilities and spaces.
Visiting our libraries
Our eight libraries are home to subject-specific resources and a range of facilities.
- Visit our re-opening schedule to find out what's available in each library.
- The capacity of our libraries has been reduced to support social distancing - you may be asked to wait if the library is full.
- Visit our libraries by booking a study space or dropping in for a short stay visit.
Discover your online library
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus, please self-isolate and don't visit the library.
Safety on campus What to expect in libraries
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter the library and wash your hands thoroughly and regularly
- Keep a safe distance from others - follow one-way routes and signage
- Clean surfaces before and after use
- Wear a face covering inside University buildings
Individual study space will be available in most of our libraries.
How to book study space
- Advance online booking is essential
- Space is for individual, silent study only - group study is unavailable
- Spaces are available with and without PCs
- Book space for up to three hours
- Two bookings per person, per week
- Please follow University safety guidance and library signage
Short stay library visits
Drop in to our libraries for short stays of up to 30 minutes for:
- printing, copying and scanning
- using short stay PCs (where available)
- browsing the shelves and borrowing
- Click and Collect
Study space will be unavailable during short stay visits.
Libraries and opening times
You can borrow up to 60 books from our libraries.
Books are usually issued for seven days and will automatically renew until they are requested by someone else.
Click and Collect - request books on NUsearch and we'll email you when they are ready for collection.
Browse and borrow - during short stay visits, you can browse the shelves and borrow books using our self-service machines.
Bring your device
Computer rooms and laptop loans in our libraries are currently unavailable.
Print, copy, scan
Printing is available in most of our libraries.
Send your document to the multi-functional devices (MFDs) in our libraries in advance:
Make sure you have enough print credit before visiting the library. Cash and card payments are currently unavailable in libraries.
Print, copy, scan
More about Libraries
Everything you need to know to get started with our libraries.