Click and Study
Book individual study space in our libraries for up to six hours a day.
Study space essentials
- Our libraries remain open to provide essential access to study space, print resources and facilities for those who returning to our campuses following the latest government guidance.
- You must check-in to your study space within 30 minutes otherwise your space will be released to others. Can't find your check-in code? Get in touch.
- Those failing to follow the Covid-19 safety measures will be asked to leave, will be unable to book study space for seven days.
- Non-compliance will be considered a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
About Click and Study
- Study spaces in our libraries must be booked in advance (excluding Music Library).
- Just need to borrow, browse or print? You can drop in to our libraries for a short stay visit without booking.
- For guaranteed access to a PC, we recommend booking. Short stay PCs are not available in all libraries.
- Dedicated study space is available for students referred to us by Disability Support.
Study in our libraries for up to six hours per day. Current booking limits:
- Individual spaces and rooms (with/without PCs): Book 2 x three hour slots per day
- Interactive online learning spaces: Book 2 x one hour slots per day
We are continually reviewing usage of our spaces and student feedback. We may make further changes, including potentially lowering the limit, if needed.
Back to the top
How do I book a space?
- Visit Click and Study
- Select your preferred location, zone (level), category (type of space) or search all study space.
- Please only tick the 'Accessible' box if you need a height adjustable desk.
- Select your preferred study space and start time from the table.
- Use the drop-down box below the table to select the finish time (up to three hours) or click on the bin icon to start again.
- Click Submit Times at the bottom of the page.
- You will be asked to log in with your University username and password.
- Follow the instructions, read the terms and conditions and click to confirm your booking.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please bring this with you to the library.
If you haven't received your email, please check your Clutter/Junk/Other folder. If your email still hasn't arrived, please email email@example.com
Back to the top
Check-in to your study space
- Check in to your pre-booked study space within 30 minutes of the start of your booking to confirm your space.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the desk or visit the Click and Study check-in page. You will need the check-in code from your confirmation email.
- Any spaces that haven't been checked in will be automatically released for others to book.
Can't find your confirmation email?
Your check-in code is included at the top of your confirmation email. If you haven't received your email, please check your Clutter/Junk/Other folder.
If your email still hasn't arrived, please contact Library staff.
How to check-in
- Visit the Click and Study check-in page or scan the QR code displayed at the space
- Select ‘check in’
- Enter the check-in code from your booking confirmation email
- Click ‘check in’ to confirm
- Booked back-to-back sessions? Check in at the start of both sessions.
- Running late? You can check in from anywhere – simply visit the check-in page
- Leaving before the end of your booking? Check out using the same web address and code.
Back to the top
Types of study space
Spaces are available with and without PC access. All study spaces are for individual, silent study only.
Please note, not all libraries offer every category of space.
Standard study space
- Individual study space - Desk and chair.
- Individual study room - Desk and chair in a study room.
- Individual study space with large screen - Booth with access to a large screen (No PC).
- Individual study space (Postgraduate only) - Desk and chair for in postgraduate-only space. You will need your University Card for access.
Study spaces with PC access
- Individual study space with PC - Desk and chair with access to a University-networked Windows PC.
- Individual study room with PC - Desk and chair in a study room with access to a University-networked Windows PC.
- Individual study room with PC (interactive online learning) - Desk and chair in a study room with access to a University-networked Windows PC. Suitable for taking part in online learning such as Teams sessions. Not all spaces have webcams. These spaces are not soundproof. Please bring your own headset.
- Individual study space with PC (Postgraduate only) - Desk and chair with access to a University-networked Windows PC. These spaces are for postgraduate use only. You will need your University Card for access.
Study space maps
Not sure which space to choose? You can find out the location of each numbered space with our library study space maps.
Djanogly Learning Resource Centre map coming soon. Study space in Music Library is drop-in only.
Back to the top
More from Libraries