Individual study space - terms and conditions
This page was last updated on 07 March 2021 at 12:54 (GMT)
Check-in to your study space
From Monday 8 March, you must check-in to your booked study space using the check-in code included in your confirmation email. Instructions are displayed at all study spaces.
- Check-in within 30 minutes of the start of your booking. Any spaces that haven't been checked-in will be automatically released for others to book.
- For back-to-back bookings, please check-in at the start of both sessions.
Compliance with safety measures
Anyone not complying with the mandatory Covid-19 safety measures will be:
- asked to leave the library
- suspended from booking, or using, library study space for seven days.
Failure to adhere to the safety measures or to show your University Card to staff when requested is a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when sat at your study space (unless exempt).
- We ask that those with exemptions display a sunflower lanyard or exemption card, where possible.
- Sit at your pre-booked study space. Maintain a two-metre distance from others when arriving at and leaving your study space.
- Study space is for individual, silent use only. Do not gather in groups (including those in your household or bubble) or move furniture.
- Do not eat in the library. Drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering immediately.
- Wash your hands regularly, use the hand sanitiser provided and wipe down surfaces before and after use including mice, keyboards, printers, desks etc.
- Follow directional signage in the library including one-way routes.
- If you feel unwell or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, do not come on to campus.
- If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms you must self-isolate. If you start to feel ill or develop symptoms please notify the university.
Click and Study usage conditions
- Spaces are for individual, silent study only.
- Maximum of two bookings a day.
- Only book study spaces for your own use. You may not use your account to book spaces for others.
- If you no longer need the space, please cancel using the link in the confirmation email.
- Bring your University Card to access the library and be prepared to show your booking confirmation.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your booking. You may need to queue at peak times.
- If you leave the library during your booking, please take your belongings with you.
- At the end of your booked study slot, please leave the library promptly as your space will be booked by another user and the capacity of the building is limited.