How to sign up for membership of University of Nottingham Libraries.
This page was last updated on 16 September 2022 at 10:02 (GMT)
All students and members of staff automatically become members of our libraries when they receive their University Card.
We also welcome:
- NUH staff - members of staff of the Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) which includes the QMC and Nottingham City Hospital campus.
- Associates - individuals who have a formal association with the University but do not have a staff contract who can use their Associate University Card
- SCONUL Access - students and staff from other Universities in the UK and Ireland who have joined the SCONUL Access Scheme
- Community membership - alumni, members of the public and corporate organisations who have registered for external membership
Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) membership
All NUH staff who require access to Greenfield Medical Library must request approval from the team at City Hospital. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Once approved and registered, you will be able to:
- Access study spaces
- Borrow up to twelve books
- Consult our print collections within the library
- Access photocopying services (additional charges apply)
SCONUL Access Scheme
SCONUL Access is a scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other participating libraries. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK and Ireland.
To find out more, please visit the SCONUL Access website.
This site contains important information whether you are a new or existing user. Please allow up to four weeks for your application to be processed. This is due to the high volume of applications expected.
SCONUL recommend that existing users double check whether their library access is still valid and whether the institution you want to visit is participating.
Community / External membership
External membership allows you to reserve and borrow books.
- Annual fee is £50 + VAT (£25 + VAT for Alumni)
- Borrow up to 12 books
- You cannot access the interlibrary loan service or most electronic information services because of licence restrictions
- Some electronic resources can be accessed through the Walk-in User service (currently unavailable)
For full details of our corporate membership scheme, please contact the Library Helpline.
Register for external membership online
Alternatively, visit any library lending desk where our members of staff will be happy to help you to register.
Please bring proof of your identity and address plus the fee when you come to collect your card.
Alumni also need to bring their University Association Card or confirmation email from the Alimni Office.
Our libraries are cashless. We only accept debit and credit card payments.