How to sign up for membership of University of Nottingham Libraries.
This page was last updated on 06 September 2021 at 08:32 (GMT)
All students and members of staff automatically become members of our libraries when they receive their University Card.
We also welcome:
- members of staff of the Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) which includes the QMC and Nottingham City Hospital campus.
- individuals who have a formal association with the University but do not have a staff contract who can use their Associate University Card
- students and staff from other Universities in the UK and Ireland who have joined the SCONUL Access Scheme (currently unavailable)
- alumni, members of the public and corporate organisations who have registered for external membership
Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) membership
External membership allows you to reserve and borrow books.
- Annual fee is £50 + VAT (£25 + VAT for Alumni)
- Borrow up to 12 books
- You cannot access the interlibrary loan service or most electronic information services because of licence restrictions
- Some electronic resources can be accessed through the Walk-in User service (currently unavailable)
For full details of our corporate membership scheme, please contact the Library Helpline.
Register for external membership online
Alternatively, visit any library lending desk where our members of staff will be happy to help you to register.
Please bring proof of your identity and address plus the fee when you come to collect your card.
Alumni also need to bring their University Association Card or confirmation email from the Alimni Office.
Our libraries are cashless. We only accept debit and credit card payments.