Plan your visit
Everything you need to know about visiting our libraries, including locations, membership and what to do if you lose your University Card.
The University of Nottingham has eight UK based libraries you can use, all with a range of facilities and features. Choose which library is best for you and your studies.
All students and members of staff automatically become members of our libraries when they receive their University Card.
About your University Card
- Please bring your University Card with you when visiting our libraries. You will need your card to scan in and out, borrow books and use the printers. Please do not lend your card to anyone else.
- Please use your own University Card only and go through the barriers one at a time.
- All library users must abide by our library regulations.
What if I don't have my University Card?
Based on student feedback, from 14 December we are trialling a new way of providing access to our libraries to University of Nottingham students and staff without their University Card. You will be unable to borrow books without your card.
- If you do not have your University Card, Library staff will ask you to load up the 'username' tile of the MyNottingham app. You can download the app via your device's app store.
- If you do not have the MyNottingham app, Library staff will ask you to show ID (photo ID, debit card, driving licence, passport) and will ask you some questions about your account (during standard hours only).
- During extended opening hours (after 5pm Fri/Sat and 10pm Sun - Thu), we will only be able to provide access via University Card or the MyNottingham app. If you leave the library for a break, please make sure you have the MyNottingham app for re-entry.
- Members of the public and community borrowers will need to show their Library Card for access.
Can I use the library if I am not a University of Nottingham staff or student?
- Visit our membership page for more information on access for NUH Trust staff, Associates, external members and the SCONUL access scheme.
- We also offer a number of services for visitors.
How do I get there?