Welcome to Hallward Library - supporting the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Sciences and housing an European Documentation Centre.
Libraries safety measures
- You must wear a face coverings at all times (unless exempt)
- The University has introduced the Advise, Warn, Leave process for face coverings
- Keep your distance from others, including those in your household
- Use hand sanitiser before and after touching surfaces and books
- Wipe down study spaces and equipment before and after use
- Please do not visit the library if you have symptoms of coronavirus
To visit our libraries - book a study space (recommended) or drop in for a short stay visit (up to 30 minutes). Study space is unavailable for short stay visits.
The capacity of our libraries has been reduced to support social distancing and you may be asked to wait if the library is full.
|Monday - Friday
||8.30am - 9pm
|Saturday and Sunday
||9.30am - 9pm
Last short stay entry to the library is 30 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Study space bookings will finish 15 minutes before the library closing time. Please leave the library promptly following one-way signage.
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
Please use the 24/7 book box outside the library to return books.
The following services are available in the library:
Short stay drop-in visit (30 minutes)
Get Library Ready
Books and locations
Hallward Library is home to subject resources for the faculties of Arts and Social Sciences and a.
You can search our collections using the library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our subject guides to discover the key resources for your subject area including books, journals, databases and more.
Discover our collections
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
Hallward Library has:
- door access via level front door
- four floors, lift available
- accessible unisex WC's
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders in front of Library
- Deaf Alerter system installed
- Hearing Loop situated at reception desk, exit desk and lending desk
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top