James Cameron-Gifford Library
Welcome to James Cameron-Gifford Library - supporting the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, and the School of Biosciences.
Contact the Library Helpline via phone, email or Live Chat.
- Bring your University Card or Library Card for entrance. What if I forget my card?
- The wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged (unless exempt).
- Wash your hands regularly and clean surfaces before and after use.
- Please do not eat hot food in the library (cafe areas only).
- Please don't leave your belongings unattended, keep them with you at all times.
- If you feel unwell or have Covid symptoms, please do not come on to campus. Visit Safety on Campus for the latest guidance.
James Cameron-Gifford Library is currently in: Term time hours
Last entry to the library is 15 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Library closing procedures are announced by tannoy.
Term time opening hours (25 April - 17 June)
Sunday - Thursday
|8am - 2am
8am - 9.45pm
Closed on Friday 3 June
9am - 4.45pm
9.30am - 2am
Back to the top
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
Books and locations
James Cameron-Gifford Library is home to subject resources for the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science and the School of Bioscience as well as titles from our leisure reading collection.
You can search our collections using the library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our subject guides to discover the key resources for your subject area including books, journals, databases and more.
Discover our collections
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
James Cameron-Gifford Library has:
- door access via level front door
- library has two floors, lift available
- accessible unisex WC nearby
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders in the Main Building car park
- Hearing Loop situated at reception desk
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top