James Cameron-Gifford Library
Welcome to James Cameron-Gifford Library - supporting the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, and the School of Biosciences.
Access to the library - update
James Cameron-Gifford Library has re-opened on Tuesday 9 February following Monday's issues with the heating system.
Staff will monitor the temperature in the building and any further updates will be posted on this page and social media.
Library staff are available to help with any questions about using our library services. Get in touch via phone, email or Live Chat.
Visiting the library
- During the National Lockdown, we ask that you visit our libraries only when essential.
- To visit - book a study space or drop in for a short stay visit of up to 30 minutes. Study space is unavailable during short stay visits.
- Bring your University Card or Library Card for access.
- Anyone failing to follow the Covid-19 safety measures will be asked to leave the library and will be unable to book or use study space for seven days.
- Failure to follow the safety measures is a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when using study space (unless exempt).
- Face coverings should be well-fitting and cover the nose and mouth.
- Study spaces are for individual, silent use only. Do not move furniture or gather in groups.
- Keep two metres distance from others around the library (even with those in your household or bubble).
- Do not eat; drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering as soon as possible.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly - and wipe down surfaces before and after use.
- Follow directional signage in the library, including one-way routes.
- Do not visit the library if you have symptoms of coronavirus.
James Cameron-Gifford opening hours
|Monday - Friday
8.30am - 9pm
|Saturday - Sunday
9.30am - 4pm
Last short stay entry to the library is 30 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Study space bookings will finish 15 minutes before the library closing time. Please leave the library promptly following one-way signage.
Back to the top
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
Please use the book box outside the library to return books.
The following services are available in the library:
Short stay drop-in visit (30 minutes)
Get Library Ready
Books and locations
James Cameron-Gifford Library is home to subject resources for the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science and the School of Bioscience as well as titles from our leisure reading collection.
You can search our collections using the library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our subject guides to discover the key resources for your subject area including books, journals, databases and more.
Discover our collections
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
James Cameron-Gifford Library has:
- door access via level front door
- library has two floors, lift available
- accessible unisex WC nearby
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders in the Main Building car park
- Hearing Loop situated at reception desk
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top