James Cameron-Gifford Library
Welcome to James Cameron-Gifford Library - supporting the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, and the School of Biosciences.
New look library spaces
There may be some disruption in the library over the summer as we work on redecorating some of the spaces. We will share any major disruption on this page.
Library staff are available to help with any questions about using our library services. Get in touch via phone, email or Live Chat.
Visiting the library
- In line with government guidelines social distancing measures are no longer mandatory, however the government expects and recommends that you wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces.
- Wash your hands regularly and clean desks before and after use. Please do not eat in the library.
- Visit Safety on Campus for guidance on staying safe.
- You will need your University Card or Library Card for access to the library.
- Book study space in advance or use any available walk-in space.
- Take regular asymptomatic tests from the university's testing service.
- If you have Covid symptoms, do not come on to campus. Isolate, notify the university and take a free NHS PCR test.
James Cameron-Gifford opening hours (from 2 August)
|Monday - Friday
||8am - 9.45pm
||9am - 5pm
||9.30am - 5pm
Last short stay entry to the library is 30 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Study space bookings will finish 15 minutes before the library closing time. Please leave the library promptly following one-way signage.
Back to the top
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
Please use the book box outside the library to return books.
The following services are available in the library:
Short stay drop-in visit (30 minutes)
Get Library Ready
Books and locations
James Cameron-Gifford Library is home to subject resources for the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science and the School of Bioscience as well as titles from our leisure reading collection.
You can search our collections using the library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our subject guides to discover the key resources for your subject area including books, journals, databases and more.
Discover our collections
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
James Cameron-Gifford Library has:
- door access via level front door
- library has two floors, lift available
- accessible unisex WC nearby
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders in the Main Building car park
- Hearing Loop situated at reception desk
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top