Denis Arnold Music Library
Welcome to Denis Arnold Music Library on University Park - supporting the Department of Music.
Opening times | What's available in the library? | Access
Library staff are available to help with any questions about using our library services. Get in touch via phone, email or Live Chat.
Visiting the library
- Bring your University Card or Library Card for access.
- We ask that you visit the library only when essential during the current period of national restrictions.
- The capacity of the library has been reduced to support social distancing and you may be asked to wait if the library is full.
- Anyone failing to follow the Covid-19 safety measures will be asked to leave the library and will be unable to use study space.
- Failure to follow the safety measures will be considered a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when using study space (unless exempt).
- Face coverings should be well-fitting and cover the nose and mouth.
- Study spaces are for individual, silent use only. Do not move furniture or gather in groups.
- Keep two metres distance from others around the library (even with those in your household or bubble).
- Do not eat; drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering as soon as possible.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly - and wipe down surfaces before and after use.
- Follow directional signage in the library, including one-way routes.
- Do not visit the library if you have symptoms of coronavirus.
Music Library opening hours
|Day ||Hours |
|Monday - Friday
9.30am - 4.30pm
Monday 3 May (Bank Holiday)
|Saturday - Sunday
Last short stay entry to the library is 30 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Study space bookings will finish 15 minutes before the library closing time. Please leave the library promptly following one-way signage.
Back to the top
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
The following services are available in the library:
- Individual study spaces - booking not required
- Recording equipment is available for loan
Short stay drop-in visit (30 minutes)
Get Library Ready
Books and locations
Denis Arnold Music Library is home to subject resources for the Department of Music.
You can search our collections using the library discovery tool, NUsearch.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our subject guides to discover the key resources for your subject area including books, journals, databases and more.
Discover our collections
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
Denis Arnold Music Library has:
- door access via level front door
- library on the ground floor
- accessible unisex WC in the School of Music
- parking for blue badge holders nearby
- Hearing Loop situated at reception desk
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top