Extended library opening hours
Are you a night owl? Stay and study with our summer term extended opening hours.
About extended opening
- All libraries (excluding Music) are currently open until 2am (Sunday to Thursday). We expect these opening times to be in place for the rest of the summer term.
- You must bring your University Card for access to the library.
- Our libraries are open for essential access to print resources, facilities and study space. Advance booking is not required for study space from 9pm onwards.
- Library staff are available until 9pm to answer any questions about access to resources or facilities. After this time, the library spaces are monitored by Octavian Security.
Help us to provide a safe study environment at all times by following the essential Covid-19 safety measures in place in our libraries including wearing a face covering at all times, keeping your distance from others and not eating in the library.
Anyone failing to follow the safety measures will be asked to leave the library and will be unable to book study space for seven days.
Studying top tips
Our libraries will be open longer during the summer term but it is important to look after your health and wellbeing whilst studying, including taking regular breaks, eating healthy food and getting plenty of sleep.
Here are some of our top tips for making the most of your study time and looking after yourself.
- Our libraries are open until late but we recommend starting your studies as early as possible, setting yourself an achievable target for your study session and getting some rest once complete.
- For the moment, food cannot be eaten in the library so it may be helpful to schedule your study sessions around meals.