Manuscripts and Special Collections
Manuscripts and Special Collections holds the University's manuscript collections, the special printed book collections, and the East Midlands Collection.
The Reading Room is open to University of Nottingham staff, students and the general public. All items can be viewed in the Reading Room, but only items from the East Midlands Collection may be borrowed.
You can also visit our exhibitions at the Weston Gallery within the Lakeside Arts Centre.
- To visit, please make an appointment by emailing the team at email@example.com
- Book at least two working days in advance to view rare books, archives or the microfilm reader.
- Search for material in advance with our manuscript and library catalogues. Let us know which document references or books you want to see and they will be ready for you when you arrive.
- The wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged (unless exempt).
Reading Room opening hours
|Monday - Thursday
||9.30am - 6pm
|Friday - Sunday
Visit the Manuscripts and Special Collections website for information about our latest exhibitions.
Visit the Lakeside Arts website for opening times and visitor information.
Manuscripts and Special Collections has:
- door access via level front door
- library on one level
- wheelchair-accessible unisex WC's
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges