George Green Library
Welcome to George Green Library - supporting the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Science.
Extended opening hours for Ramadan
Following feedback from students, we are extending the opening times of three libraries to support students who are observing Ramadan.
From 28 April - 12 May, George Green Library will be open until 4am (Sunday to Thursday):
Please bring your University Card for entry and follow the Covid-19 safety measures in place at all times.
Library staff are available to help with any questions about using our library services. Get in touch via phone, email or Live Chat.
Visiting the library
- During the current period of national restrictions, we ask that you visit our libraries only when essential.
- Book a study space or drop in for a short stay visit of up to 30 minutes.
- No booking is needed for study space after 9pm.
- Please bring your University Card or Library Card for access.
- Anyone failing to follow the Covid-19 safety measures will be asked to leave the library and will be unable to book study space for seven days.
- Failure to follow the safety measures is a breach of the Code of Discipline for Students.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Wear a face covering at all times, including when using study space (unless exempt).
- Face coverings should be well-fitting and cover the nose and mouth.
- Study spaces are for individual, silent use only. Do not move furniture or gather in groups.
- Keep two metres distance from others around the library (even with those in your household or bubble).
- Do not eat; drinks can be consumed but please replace your face covering as soon as possible.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly - and wipe down surfaces before and after use.
- Follow directional signage in the library, including one-way routes.
- Do not visit the library if you have symptoms of coronavirus.
George Green Library opening hours
|Day ||Hours |
|Monday to Thursday
8.30am - 4am
Monday 31 May (Bank Holiday)
9am - 2am
||8.30am - 9pm
||12 noon - 4.30pm
||12 noon - 4am
Last short stay entry to the library is 30 minutes before the advertised library closing time. Study space bookings will finish 15 minutes before the library closing time. Please leave the library promptly following one-way signage.
Back to the top
What's available in the library?
Facilities and study space
Books and locations
You will need your University Card for access to the library.
George Green Library has:
- door access via level A doors
- six floors, lift available
- accessible unisex WC
- low level service point
- parking for blue badge holders nearby (at the School of Mathematical Sciences)
- Deaf Alerter system installed
Access plans showing emergency exits and refuges:
Back to the top