Faculty of Engineering Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Students applying through UCAS must have chosen University of Nottingham as their firm choice to be eligible. (Not apply through clearing or as an insurance choice).
- Scholarships are payable only to students who are self-funded and do not have their tuition fees paid by an external body or organisation. The student must declare this at admission stage.
- The scholarships are for full-time students only.
- Scholarships can be awarded in addition to other scholarships or bursaries as long as the tuition fees do not become fully funded as a result of these awards. (Apart from students entering through a partnership agreement – the partnership discount only will be applied).
- Scholarships are usually paid after the student has registered for the course.
- If students in receipt of bursaries or scholarships leave within the first year, the student will be requested to pay back the scholarship.
- Scholarships cannot be retrospectively paid once the deadline for claiming has passed.
- For progression scholarships, grades need to be achieved in first sit exams, not resits. If any resits occur the student is deemed to be no longer eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who have a break from their studies for placements or year in industry will receive the scholarship if eligible when they return to their studies.
Due to differences in how tuition fees are paid, international students will receive scholarships as tuition fee discounts and home/EU students will receive a cash bursary.