Postgraduate fees and funding
The University of Nottingham offers a comprehensive and expanding range of scholarships in order to encourage academic excellence, aid diversity, and offer real financial assistance in cases of hardship, whether individually or by region
Those relevant to engineering students are shown below.
There may be other funding you are eligible to apply for that we haven't listed, so please visit the Graduate School.
General funding advice
Postgraduate research scholarships
Faculty of Engineering Research Excellence PhD Scholarship
Postgraduate taught scholarships
High Fliers Taught Masters Scholarship
In recognition of academic excellence, all students from the faculty who graduate with a first class undergraduate degree will be eligible for a £1,000 bursary if accepted on to an engineering taught masters course starting in September 2018.
Students who graduate with a first class undergraduate degree from the faculty and commence the MArch Architecture with Collaborative Practice Research (ARB/RIBA Pt2) course in September 2018 are eligible for a £500 bursary.
- Only available to students who achieve a first class undergraduate degree from the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham
- Only available to students who begin their studies in 2018
- Available to graduates from the UK, China and Malaysia campuses
- Available to UK, EU and overseas students
- Only available for students coming to study in the UK
- Please note that this cannot be combined with any other scholarship or tuition fee discount
Confirm your eligibility
To apply for this scholarship you must contact the email address below, stating your student ID number, before 31 October 2018.
* Due to differences in how tuition fees are paid, international students will receive scholarships as tuition fee discounts and home/EU students will receive a cash bursary.
Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship
Other Research and Masters Scholarships
A full list of research scholarships and masters scholarships for EU and international applicants is available on the international office website:
Please visit our university funding pages for more information and advice on funding for research courses and funding for masters courses.
Support offered by external organisations
Various external organisations also provide funding for engineers, particularly researchers. Some of the main funding organisations are:
Postgraduate loans available for eligible UK students
Postgraduate loans of up to £10,000 are available for eligible UK students who are studying a taught or research Masters course.