Tax and VAT - Frequently Asked Questions

Tax and VAT FAQs

What is the University's VAT Number
The University's VAT number is GB 690 391 225


What is the University's Charity number?
In common with all UK Universities the University of Nottingham is a charity which, under the charity legislation, is exempt from registering with the Charity Commission. Consequently the University does not have, or require, a charity number.


Does the University of Nottingham have a company registration number?
The University is registered at Companies House as a Royal Charter company and its number is RC000664.


Is the University of Nottingham exempt from Corporation Tax (CT)?

Yes, in respect of its core activities and teaching. However other activities can be liable to CT and the University of Nottingham does have to complete CT returns.


Further information

Further information can also be found on our Tax Services web page or on workspace (staff log-in required).


General Finance enquiries

email list: Please see our contacts page