At the University of Nottingham, we like to ensure our staff are looked after and offer a range of benefits to support them during their employment.
In the UK, we offer 270 undergraduate courses and 300 postgraduate taught courses, across our five faculties and 22 schools, and in 2017, we were awarded a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold for our outstanding teaching and learning.
- At level 1-3 you will be entitled to 25 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days
- At level 4-7 you will be entitled to 30 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days.
Health and Fitness Facilities
- All of our campuses have access to onsite health and fitness facilities and exercise classes, membership is offered at a discounted rate to our staff
- We are committed to the promotion of a healthy work/life balance for all staff, and recognise the flexible working arrangements can help to provide a positive working environment and a more flexible workforce
- We are proud of our award winning campuses can continual investment in our surroundings ensures that the working experience is the best it can be.
Take a closer look at each of our campuses here.
- The Counselling Service is a free service for our staff. It provides support through offering confidential, professional help with personal, emotional or mental health problems.
Onsite Doctors and Dentist
- We have a health centre on the University Park campus that is accessible to staff, it includes a doctors, dentist and Boots Pharmacy.
- We offer a comprehensive voluntary Private medical insurance at a specially discounted price through PHC, part of the AXA group. Private Medical Insurance is designed to give you peace of mind - it offers quick access to eligible health treatment; from seeing a specialist for diagnosis right up to receiving appropriate care during a stay in hospital.
If you prefer a cashback plan you can take advantage of a 20% discount on Westfield Health’s Advantage Cash Plan which allows you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs.
Internal CPD Courses
- We have a large number of courses run by our internal Professional Development team, helping you develop your skills at work
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualifications
- You will have access to ILM accredited courses including management and coaching
- In areas of our University you will be able to access funding and allocated time for professional qualifications to boost your skills
- We offer staff access to quality child care services, provided by the University's child care services located on campus.
- To support staff with child care costs, we offer Child care Extra (a childcare voucher scheme) in conjunction with Edenred (UK group) Limited - this provides parents with a tax-efficient way of paying for child care.
Find out more about our Childcare Services.
Excellent Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave schemes
- Dependant on the length of service, we offer enhanced maternity, adoption and maternity support pay above what we are required by law.
- Allowing you to access £1000 towards a bike or accessories, entering into a salary sacrifice agreement over a 12 month period.
- A range of discounted travel across Trains, Buses and Trams (https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sustainability/transport/publictransport/staffdiscounts.aspx)
Car share scheme
- Allowing you to register your details to car pool with other University staff members that live in your area.
Hopper bus between campus
- A free regular bus service that runs between our UK campuses.
- We offer competitive pay packages which increase yearly in line with UCEA negotiations. Most staff move up one increment on our pay scales (below the standard max) on a yearly basis
- Our new Nottingham Reward Scheme you are eligible to be nominated for vouchers and financial bonuses based on your work.
- At levels 1-3 you will be entitled to access the CRSP scheme (3-5% employee contribution and 6-10% employer contribution)
- At levels 4-7 you will be entitled to the USS Scheme (8.8% employee contribution plus 19.5% employer contribution - as of April 2019)
- All employees have access to our Employee Hub, which includes a discount portal for over 6000 retailers.
NUS TOTUM card
- All our employees are entitled to register for a TOTUM card, giving you access to student discounts at a range of retailers across the UK.