At the University of Nottingham, we like to ensure our staff are looked after and offer a range of benefits to support them during their employment
Health and Wellbeing
- At level 1-3 you will be entitled to 25 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days
- At level 4-7 you will be entitled to 30 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days.
Health and Fitness Facilities
- All of our campuses have access to onsite health and fitness facilities and exercise classes, membership is offered at a discounted rate to our staff
- We are committed to the promotion of a healthy work/life balance for all staff, and recognise the flexible working arrangements can help to provide a positive working environment and a more flexible workforce
- We are proud of our award winning campuses can continual investment in our surroundings ensures that the working experience is the best it can be.
- The Counselling Service is a free service for our staff. It provides support through offering confidential, professional help with personal, emotional or mental health problems.
Onsite Doctors and Dentist
- We have a health centre on the University Park campus that is accessible to staff, it includes a doctors, dentist and Boots Pharmacy.
- We offer a comprehensive voluntary Private medical insurance at a specially discounted price through PHC, part of the AXA group. Private Medical Insurance is designed to give you peace of mind - it offers quick access to eligible health treatment; from seeing a specialist for diagnosis right up to receiving appropriate care during a stay in hospital.
If you prefer a cashback plan you can take advantage of a 20% discount on Westfield Health’s Advantage Cash Plan which allows you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs.
Internal CPD Courses
- We have a large number of courses run by our internal Professional Development team, helping you develop your skills at work
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualifications
- You will have access to ILM accredited courses including management and coaching
- In areas of our University you will be able to access funding and allocated time for professional qualifications to boost your skills
Family and Parenting
- We offer staff access to quality child care services, provided by the University's child care services located on campus
- To support staff with child care costs, we offer Child care Extra (a childcare voucher scheme) in conjunction with Edenred (UK group) Limited - this provides parents with a tax-efficient way of paying for child care
Excellent Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave schemes
- Dependant on the length of service, we offer enhanced maternity, adoption and maternity support pay above what we are required by law
- Allowing you to access £1000 towards a bike or accessories, entering into a salary sacrifice agreement over a 12 month period
Car share scheme
- Allowing you to register your details to car pool with other University staff members that live in your area.
Hopper bus between campus
- A free regular bus service that runs between our UK campuses
- We offer competitive pay packages which increase yearly in line with UCEA negotiations. Most staff move up one increment on our pay scales (below the standard max) on a yearly basis
- Our new Nottingham Reward Scheme you are eligible to be nominated for vouchers and financial bonuses based on your work
- At levels 1-3 you will be entitled to access the CRSP scheme (3-5% employee contribution and 6-10% employer contribution)
- At levels 4-7 you will be entitled to the USS Scheme (8.8% employee contribution plus 19.5% employer contribution - as of April 2019)
- All employees have access to our Employee Hub, which includes a discount portal for over 6000 retailers
NUS TOTUM card
- All our employees are entitled to register for a TOTUM card, giving you access to student discounts at a range of retailers across the UK