The success of our university is down to our amazing people and at Nottingham we offer more than just a job.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do and we understand that we all have different needs to allow us to reach our full potential. With this in mind, we offer a variety of benefits, both personal and professional to help support you as a valued member of the university.
Your employment package
Your health and wellbeing
Your personal development
Your financial wellbeing and more
We offer a competitive employment package and you can benefit from:
- At level 1-3 you will be entitled to 26 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days
- At level 4-7 you will be entitled to 30 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus 5 University Closure days
- We offer competitive pay packages which increase yearly in line with UCEA negotiations
- To recognise your performance, you will move up one increment on our pay scales (below the standard max) on a yearly basis
- With our Nottingham Reward Scheme you could be rewarded for the great job you do by being nominated for vouchers and financial bonuses
- At levels 1-3 you will be entitled to access the CRSP scheme (3-5% employee contribution and 6-10% employer contribution)
- At levels 4-7 you will be entitled to the USS Scheme (9.8% employee contribution plus 21.4% employer contribution - as of October 2021)
- We recognise that flexibility can help improve your work-life balance, therefore many of our roles offer hybrid working arrangements with a blended approach of office and home working
Our people excel because they enjoy a culture of balance in their working lives. Whether you fancy joining a gym or wish to access services to support your mental health, we have a variety of benefits for you.
Health and fitness facilities
- All of our campuses have access to onsite health and fitness facilities and exercise classes, membership is offered at a discounted rate to our staff
- Healthy work/life balance is important to us and we recognise that flexible working arrangements can help you with your personal and work commitments
- This is a place where rich minds and diverse cultures are able to learn, challenge and create. We are proud of our award-winning campuses. Take a closer look at each of our beautiful places here
- We are aware that sometimes life can be difficult and our people mental health is a priority to us. The Counselling Service is a free service that provides support through offering confidential, professional help with personal, emotional or mental health problems
- The overall wellbeing of our staff is important to us, you can benefit from a range of wellbeing programmes available depending on your needs such as, employee assistance programme, online mental health service or counselling
Onsite doctors and dentist
- You can benefit an onsite doctor and dentist. We have a health centre on the University Park campus that is accessible to all staff which includes a doctors, dentist and Boots Pharmacy
- We offer a comprehensive voluntary Private medical insurance at a specially discounted price by UoN, part of the AXA group. Private Medical Insurance is designed to give you peace of mind - it offers quick access to eligible health treatment; from seeing a specialist for diagnosis right up to receiving appropriate care during a stay in hospital
- We offer health cash plan via Westfield Health. Dental check-ups & treatment, contact lenses, glasses… they’re all something we have to pay for regularly. A health cash plan lets you claim money back, up to set limits, towards these essential health costs
Annual leave purchase scheme
- We know that there may be times when you need extra days away from work and we have an annual leave purchase scheme to support this
When exceptional people combine ambition with openness, amazing things happen. We build strong teams and believe in supporting each other. We offer a range of development opportunities for our university community, you can benefit from.
Internal CPD courses
- We have a large number of courses run by our internal Learning and Development team, helping you develop your skills both professionally and personally
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualifications
- If you wish to gain professional qualification, you will have access to ILM accredited courses including management and coaching
Coaching and mentoring
- Whether you need coaching support to direct your career path or mentoring to develop your skills, we offer a coaching and mentoring service to all our staff via our internal coaching and mentoring pool
- We offer a wide variety of apprenticeships programmes, that includes traditional apprenticeships or you could benefit from our ‘Work, Learn, Qualify’ programme. You can learn more here
- Dependent on your role, you will be able to access funding and allocated time for professional qualifications to boost your skills
We are a family friendly community and we offer certain benefits that can help balance your family commitments.
- We offer staff access to quality child care services, provided by the University's child care services located on campus.
- To support you with child care costs, we offer government tax-free childcare voucher scheme or our university nursery tax scheme if you use university owned and managed childcare services
Find out more about our Childcare Services.
Excellent Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave schemes
- Dependant on the length of service, we offer enhanced maternity, adoption and maternity support pay above the statutory requirement
We know the everyday commute is important and we want your experience to be as easy as possible. We offer a wide range of benefits to support you dependent on your needs.
- Allows you to access £1000 towards a bike or accessories, entering into a salary sacrifice agreement over a 12 month period
- We offer a range of discounted travel across Trains, Buses and Trams. More information can be found here
Car share scheme
- This is a great opportunity for you as well as our environment, allowing you to register your details to carpool with other university colleagues that live in your area to share a car
University hopper bus
- Our free regular bus service runs between our UK campuses and is perfect for you to travel between campuses
- If you are thinking of getting a new car, we offer a car benefits scheme via Tusker. You can get a brand new car via a salary sacrifice scheme where a fixed monthly amount is taken directly from your gross salary
We all know that financial stability is important, and we offer a range of financial assistance for our staff. We also offer shopping discounts and student discounts, allowing you to shop at a discounted price.
- To help you manage your finances effectively we offer a range of resources that might be able to support you, for further information check here
- You can access our employee hub, which includes a discount portal for over 6000 retailers
NUS TOTUM card
- Our employees are entitled to register for a TOTUM card, giving you access to student discounts at a range of retailers across the UK