Policies governing your use of libraries
Information about copyright can be found on the Copyright webpages.
Collection management and development policies
- Our collections are tailored to the subject and research priorities of our Schools and Departments. Details can be found in our policy for Monographs and one-off purchases, and in our individual Collection Statements
- The management of our international collections to support the work of the University in the UK, China and Malaysia is described in our Global Collections Management Policy
- We continually enhance our collections through the addition of new materials. This is balanced against the needs of other service priorities, such as study space availability.
- Donations for Library stock. At present, University of Nottingham Libraries have minimal physical capacity for new material and we are currently undertaking a project to review the management of our stock. One of the outcomes of this project will be a confirmation of our policy for accepting donations, which will give clarity on the principles for decision making. However, due to existing pressures on space, we have decided that until we have completed this part of the project, we will unfortunately not be able to accept any further donations. However, if you do have material that you think may be of interest to our Manuscripts and Special Collections, please see the Collection Policies below.
Manuscripts and Special Collections policies
- We continue to build on the existing strength of our collections. More details can be found in our Collections Policies
- Our preservation and conservation policy details the principles and procedures underlying the protection of materials in our care
- Our reprographics policy provides information about the copying of Manuscripts and Special Collections' materials
Our takedown policy applies to information resources digitised and made available online by University of Nottingham Libraries, or in collections curated and maintained by the library.
We are commited to respecting the intellectual property rights of others. If you feel your copyright has been infringed in any way, please notify the Copyright Officer, preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the information detailed in our takedown policy. Postal requests can be sent to:
Copyright Officer, University of Nottingham Libraries, University of Nottingham, B152, King's Meadow Campus, Lenton Lane, Nottingham, NG7 2NR.