School of Geography map collection
Maps in the School of Geography’s extensive collection are now searchable via NUsearch.
The School of Geography map collection is the main cartographic holding within the University and one of the largest in the East Midlands, comprising over 85,000 paper maps housed in 550 drawers.
Available to access via appointment to University staff, students and the public, the collection features noteworthy maps covering a wide range of locations and cartographic styles.
PLEASE NOTE: Catalogued information for the map collection is in text format only and does not include any images of the maps.
How to search the collection
1. Go to nusearch.nottingham.ac.uk and search for a place name or location
2. From the available filters under 'Resource type', select 'School of Geography maps'
3. Select 'Remember all filters' to lock this in place
4. To see more details about a map, click on the title or 'View full record' link'
How to request an appointment to view a map
You can request an appointment to view the map directly from the record in NUsearch.
1. Follow the request link on the map record under 'UoN Collections'
2. The details of the map will be automatically added to the request form. Just add in your name, email address, your phone number (optional) and submit the form.
The School of Geography will be in touch directly to arrange a time to view the requested map.
Help and support
If you have any queries about using Nusearch, please email email@example.com
To find out more about the School of Geography Maps collection, email firstname.lastname@example.org