Related family members
Gerald was the second son of Sir Henry John Thoroton Hildyard (1846-1916), an army officer, and his wife Annette Prevost. He was a nephew of Thomas Blackborne Thoroton Hildyard (1843-1928), of Flintham Hall, who died without children and left his estate to Gerald. Gerald and his family moved into Flintham Hall in 1928. Gerald was educated at Eton and University College, Oxford, and was called to the Bar in 1899. He became a K.C. in 1922, and in 1923 was appointed as Master in Lunacy. In 1928, on inheriting Flintham, he moved to Nottinghamshire and took the post of County Court judge in the Nottinghamshire and Doncaster circuit. He retired in 1943. He also served as a J.P. and Deputy Lieutenant for Nottinghamshire.
Gerald Moresby Thoroton Hildyard married Sybil Hamilton Hoare in 1911, and had:
Kings Meadow CampusLenton Lane
Nottingham, NG7 2NR
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4565
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 8651
Browser does not support script.
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs