Copyright law relating to the protection of works (literary, artistic, musical, dramatic, computer programs, databases, sound recordings, films, technological protection measures), performances and their copyright holders' economic and moral interests. Fair use of works by the public. Use of works on the Internet. Designs (works of applied art). Trade mark law (distinctive signs). Patent law (inventions). Prevention of piracy and counterfeiting. Expertise in UK, European and international aspects of these laws.
Previous experience with the media includes:
• Interview in the GW Winter magazine 2015
• Interviewed by the Discovery Channel on green technologies and patents, January 2015
• Interviewed by the Prag Post in relation to the Budweiser/Budvar trademark dispute, 28 January 2013
• Interviewed live by the BBC Radio Nottingham, Breakfast Show, 25 February 2011, on copyright and performers’ rights.
• Interviewed byout-law.com on the database right, September 2008.
• Interviewed by Crain’s Manchester Business online newspaper
• Interviewed by BBC Radio Ulster, On Your Behalf, on aspects of trade mark law, 16 December 2006.