The application deadline has now passed
The University of Nottingham is delighted to offer five British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM. These are awarded in partnership with the British Council and aim to increase opportunities for women who are passionate about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be a woman, or identify as a woman
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of Brazil or Mexico
- have submitted an application to study on one of the specified eligible courses. You will require an academic offer in order to apply for the scholarship through our applicant portal. This can be a conditional or unconditional offer
- have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the time you submit your application and be due to start your postgraduate programme in the UK during 2022
- have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university partner by the deadline of 3 June 2022
- demonstrate a case for financial support
- return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has ended
You are also required to show in your application form that:
- you are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for
- you are able to evidence how the knowledge/skills acquired in studying a UK degree will help you to contribute to the development and socio-economic advancement of your home country
- you can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- you agree that your personal data being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees.
For more information about this scholarship visit the British Council website.
We offer a wide range of international scholarships and funding to students from all countries. Visit our country-specific webpages to find helpful information for students from your country.
We will support you along the way with your preparations, including help with your visa, a range of accommodation options and any other questions you have about student life. We can also put you in touch with some of our student ambassadors studying STEM. Contact us by email or visit our dedicated page for international students.
How to apply
Apply through NottinghamHub
We would strongly recommend that you apply for your chosen course (of those listed above) as soon as possible, to ensure eligible students are made offers. You will require an academic offer to study at the University, before you can apply for the scholarship.
When you have received your offer to study with us, you will be able to apply through the scholarships section of our application system, NottinghamHub.
Applications will close at midnight (UK time) on 25 March 2022.
Offered by International Student Recruitment, in partnership with the British Council.
Search funding opportunities
If you have any questions about this scholarship please do not hesitate to contact us.