- Ablewhite J, Geraghty J, das Nair R and Drummond A. Cognitive Management Pathways in Stroke Services (COMPASS): the identification and management of cognitive problems by community stroke teams. British Journal of Occupational Therapy- in press.
- das Nair, R., Bradshaw, L. E., Day, F., Drummond A., Harris, S., Fitzsimmons, D., Montgomery, A., A., Newby, G., Sackley, C., and Lincoln, N., B. Memory rehabilitation plus usual care versus usual care alone in traumatic brain injury (ReMemBrIn): a multicentre, pragmatic cluster randomised controlled trial. Clinical Rehabilitation- in press.
- Latimer, Gemma L. Hackney, Laura Mandefield, Stephen J. Walters3, Rachael D. Hatton, Cindy L. Cooper, Timothy F. Chater, Timothy J. England, Patrick Callaghan, Elizabeth Coates, Katie E. Sutherland, Sarah Jacob Eshtan, and Gogem Topcu. Evaluating the clinical and cost effectiveness of behavioural activation therapy for depression after stroke (BEADS): a feasibility randomised controlled trial. HTA monologue- in press.
- Drummond A. (2019). Community-based services. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 82(2), 69-70, doi: 10.1177/0308022618816605.
- Pighills, A., Drummond, A., Crossland, S., Torgerson, D., J. (2019). What type of environmental assessment and modification prevents falls in community dwelling older people? BMJ, 364; 1880. doi: 10.1136/bmj.l880.
- Sheehan KJ, Smith T, Martin F, Johansen A, Drummond A , Beaupre L, Magaziner J, Whitney J, Hommel A Cameron ID, Price I, Sackley C. (2019). Conceptual Framework for an episode of rehabilitative care after Hip Fracture Surgery. Physical Therapy, 99(3), 276-285. doi: 10.1093/ptj/pzy145 Published: 23 January 2019.
- Baker, P., Coole, C., Drummond, A., McDaid, C., Khan, S., Thomson, L., Hewitt, C., McNamara, I., McDonald, D., Fitch, J., Rangan, A. (2018). Development of an occupational advice for Patients undergoing lower limb arthroplasty (The OPAL study) BMC Health Services Research, 18(1);504. doi: 10.1186/s12913-018- 3238-z.
- Bo Norrving, Jon Barrick, Antoni Davalos, Martin Dichgans, Charlotte Cordonnier, Jill Farrington, Alla Guekht, Kursad Kutluk, Robert Mikulik, Joanna Wardlaw, Edo Richard, Darius Nabavi, Carlos Molina, Philip Bath, Anthony Rudd, Avril Drummond, Anna Planas, Valeria Caso on behalf of the Action Plan for Stroke in Europe working group (2018). International journal of stroke. First Published October 29, 2018. doi.org/10.1177/2396987318808719.
- Clarke D. J., Burton, L. J., Tyson, S. F., Rodgers, H., Drummond, A., Palmer, R., Hoffman, A., Prescott, M., Tyrrell, P., Brick, L., Forster, A. (2018). Why do stroke survivors not receive recommended amounts of active therapy? Findings from the ReAcT study, a mixed-methods case-study evaluation in eight stroke units. Clinical Rehabilitation. 32(8), 1119-1132. doi: 10.1177/0269215518765329.
- Cockayne, S., Pighills, A., Adamson, J., Fairhurst, C., Drummond, A., Hewitt, C., Rodgers, S., Ronaldson, S. J., Lamb, S. E., Crossland, S., Boyes, S., Gilbody, S., Relton, C., Torgerson, D. J., OTIS study (2018). Can occupational therapist-led home environmental assessment prevent falls in older people? A modified cohort randomised controlled trial protocol. BMJ open, 8(9), e022488. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022488.
- Coole C., Nouri F., Narayanasamy M., Baker P., Khan S., Drummond A. (2018). Engaging workplace representatives in research: what recruitment strategies work best? Occupational Medicine, 68(4), 282-285. doi: 10.1093/occmed/kqy047.
View more publications...
- Goes, S., M., Trask, C.,M., Boden, C., Bath, B., Ribeiro, D., C., Hendrick, P., Clay, L., Zeng, X., Milosavljevic, S. (2018). Measurement properties of instruments assessing permanent functional impairment of the spine: a systematic review protocol. BMJ Open, 8:e019276. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-019276.
- Klein, OA, das Nair, R, Ablewhite, J, Drummond, A. (2018). Assessment and management of cognitive problems in people with multiple sclerosis: A National Survey of Clinical Practice. International Journal of Clinical Practice, e13300. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.13300.
- Lightfoot C, Sehat K, Coole C, Drury G and Drummond A. (2018). Hip Precautions After Hip Operation (HippityHop): Protocol for a Before and After Study Evaluating Hip Precautions Following Total Hip Replacement. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 81(6): 319-325. doi: 10.1177/0308022618757183.
- Mhizha-Murira J, Klein O. A., Drummond A, Mhizha-Murira J, and das Nair R. (2018). Reporting interventions in trials evaluating cognitive rehabilitation for memory, attention and executive dysfunction in people with multiple sclerosis: A systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation, 32(2); 243-254. doi:10.1177/0269215517722583.
- Nouri, F., Coole, C., Narayanasamy, M., Baker, P., Khan, S., Drummond, A. (2018). Managing Employees Undergoing Total Hip and Knee Replacement; experiences of workplace representatives. Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation, 1-11. doi: 10.1007/s10926-018-9805-7.
- Threapleton, K., Newberry, K., Sutton, G., Worthington, E., & Drummond, A (2018). Virtually home: Feasibility study and pilot randomized controlled trial of a virtual reality intervention to support patient discharge after stroke. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 81(4), 196-296. doi: 10.1177/0308022617743459.
- Whitehead P, Drummond A, Parry R and Walker M. (2018). Content and Acceptability of an Occupational Therapy Intervention in Homecare Re-ablement Services (OTHERS). British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 81(9), 535-542. doi: 10.1177/0308022618766844.
- das Nair R, Cogger H. Worthington E, Lincoln N (2017). Cognitive rehabilitation for memory deficits after stroke. Stroke 2017;48:00-00. DOI: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.116.015377
- Drummond A, Hawkins L, Sprigg N, Ward NS, Mistri A, Tyrrell P, Mead GE, Worthington E, Lincoln NB (2017). The Nottingham Fatigue After Stroke (NotFAST) study: Factors associated with severity of fatigue in stroke patients without depression. (Clinical Rehabilitation. First Published March 1, 2017). DOI: 10.1177/0269215517695857
- Drummond A. (2017). Feasibility and Pilot studies: Why are they important? (Invited editorial). British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 80(6); 335-336. doi: 10.1177/0308022617697743.
- Hawkins L, Lincoln N, Sprigg N, Ward NS, Mistri A, Tyrrell P, Mead GE, Worthington E, Lincoln NB, Drummond A. (2017). The Nottingham Fatigue After Stroke (NotFAST) study: Results from follow up 6 months after stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, 24(8): 592-596. doi: 10.1080/10749357.2017.1368912.
- Klein, O. A., das Nair, R., Mhizha-Murira, J., R., Drummond, A., Mansford, L. (2017). Effectiveness of cognitive rehabilitation for people with multiple sclerosis: a meta-synthesis of patient perspectives. PROSPERO:CRD42017040148. http://www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42017040148.
View more publications...
- Klein O. A., Drummond A, Mhizha-Murira J, Mansford L and das Nair R. (2017). Effectiveness of cognitive rehabilitation for people with MS; a meta-synthesis of patient perspectives. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 29(4); 491-512. doi: 10.1080/09602011.2017.1309323.
- Legg L, Lewis S, Schofield-Robinson O, Drummond A and Langhorne P. (2017). Occupational therapy for patients with problems in personal activities of daily living after stroke: systematic review of randomized trials. Stroke, 48:00-00. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.117.018923.
- Legg LA, Lewis SR, Schofield-Robinson OJ, Drummond A, Langhorne P. (2017). Occupational therapy for adults with problems in activities of daily living after stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD003585. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD003585.pub3.
- Tucker R, Moffatt F and Drummond A. (2017). Constraint Induced Movement Therapy in hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy: a national survey of its use by physiotherapists in the UK. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 24(8); 337-344. doi: 10.1016/j.physio.2017.11.011.
- Threapleton K, Newberry K, Sutton G, Worthington E, Drummond A (2017). Virtually home: Exploring the potential of virtual reality to support patient discharge after stroke. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 80 (2), 99 – 107. DOI: 10.1177/030802261665711.
- Worthington E, Hawkins L, Lincoln N, Drummond A. (2017). The day-to-day experiences of people with fatigue after stroke: Results from the Nottingham Fatigue after Stroke (NotFAST) study. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 24(10):449-455. doi: 10.12968/ijtr.2017.24.10.449.
das Nair R, Cogger H, Worthington E, Lincoln NB (2016). Cognitive rehabilitation for memory deficits after stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD002293. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD002293.pub3.
- Alqarni AM, Schneiders AG, Cook CE, Hendrick PA. Clinical tests to diagnose lumbar spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis: A systematic review. Physical Therapy in Sport 2015; 16 (3), 268-75
- Booth V, Logan P, Harwood R, Hood V. Falls prevention interventions in older adults with cognitive impairment: A systematic review of reviews. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation 2015; 22 (6), 289-296
- Clarke DJ, Tyson S, Rodgers H, Drummond A, Palmer R, Prescott M, Tyrrell P, Burton L, Grenfell K, Brkik L, Forster A. Why do stroke patients not receive the recommended amount of active therapy (ReAcT)? Study protocol for a multisake case study investigation. BMJ Open DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008443
View more publications...
- Yu KK, Tulloch E, Hendrick P. Interrater reliability of a Pilates movement-based classification system. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 2015; 19(1): 160–176. DOI:10.1016/j.jbmt.2014.08.009
- Ankolekar S, Parry R, Sprigg N, Siriwardena N, Bath P. Views of Paramedics on Their Role in an Out-of-Hospital Ambulance-Based Trial in Ultra-Acute Stroke: Qualitative Data From the Rapid Intervention With Glyceryl Trinitrate in Hypertensive Stroke Trial (RIGHT). Annals of Emergency Medicine 2014; 64(6). DOI:10.1016/j.annemergmed.2014.03.016
- Baxter ML, Milosavljevic S, Ribeiro DC, Hendrick P and McBride D. Psychometric properties of visually based clinical screening tests for risk of overuse injury. Physical Therapy Reviews 2014; 19(3): 213-219
- Coole C, Birks E, Watson PJ and Drummond, A. Communicating with Employers: Experiences of Occupational Therapists Treating People with Musculoskeletal Conditions. Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation 2014; 24(3): 585-595
View more publications...
- Coole C, Drummond A, Watson PJ, Hammond A, Birks E and Worthington E. Supporting employed patients with musculoskeletal conditions: a UK survey of Occupational Therapists. Proceedings of Society for Research in Rehabilitation, Clinical Rehabilitation 2014; 28(4): 407-408
- Devan H, Carman AB, Hendrick PA, Ribeiro DC and Hale LA. Perceptions of low back pain in people with lower limb amputation: a focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation 2014; 0(0): 1-11 DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2014.946158
- Drummond A and Wade D. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence stroke rehabilitation guidance – is it useful, usable, and based on best evidence? Clinical Rehabilitation 2014;28(6):523-529
- Fletcher-Smith JC, Drummond AE, Sackley CM, Moody A and Walker M. Occupational therapy for care home residents with stroke: what is routine national practice? British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2014; 77(5), 265-273 DOI: 10.4276/030802214x13990455043601
- Fletcher-Smith JC, Walker MF, Drummond A, Sackley CM. A national survey of occupational therapy provision for care home residents with stroke: what is routine practice? Clinical Rehabilitation 2014, 28(4), 410
- Glover A, Bradshaw LB, Watson N, Laithwaite E, Goldberg SE, Whittamore KH, Harwood RH. Diagnoses, problems and healthcare interventions amongst older people with an unscheduled hospital admission who have concurrent mental health problems: a prevalence study. BMC Geriatric 2014, 14, 65
- Goldberg SE, Whittamore KH, Pollock K, Harwood RH, Gladman JR, Caring for cognitively impaired older patients in the general hospital: a qualitative analysis of similarities and differences between a specialist medical and mental health unit and standard care wards. International Journal of Nursing Studies 2014. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2014.02.002
- Hall M, Doherty S, Zhang W, M. Doherty M. Knee joint stiffness and its relationship with severity of radiographic osteoarthritis, pain and self-reported stiffness. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2014, 22 (suppl (0): S92
- Hall M, Doherty S, Courtney P, Latief K, Zhang W, Doherty M. Synovial pathology detected on ultrasound correlates with the severity of radiographic knee osteoarthritis more than with symptoms. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2014; 22(10): 1627-1633
- Hall M, Doherty S, Courtney P, Latief K, Zhang W, Doherty M. Ultrasound detected synovial change and pain response following intra-articular injection of corticosteroid and a placebo in symptomatic osteoarthritic knees: a pilot study. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2014; 73(8): 1590-1591
- Jepson P, Beswick A, Smith TO, Sands G, Drummond A, Davis ET, Sackley CM. Assistive devices, hip precautions and environmental modifications to prevent dislocation and improve function after hip arthroplasty. [Protocol]. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD010815. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010815
- Kellett N, Drummond A, Palmer T, Munshi S and Lincoln N. Impact of transient ischaemic attack and minor stroke on daily life. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation 2014; 21(7): 318-323
- Legg L, Gladman J, Drummond A, Davidson A, Robertson C. Reablement for adults referred to home care services. PROSPERO 2014:CRD42014008801. Available from: www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD4201400880
- Mansi S, Milosavljevic S, Baxter GD, Tumilty S and Hendrick P. A systematic review of studies using pedometers as an intervention for musculoskeletal diseases. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2014, 15:231. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2474-15-23
- Mehta P, Claydon L, Hendrick P, Winser S and Baxter GD. Outcome measures in randomized controlled trials of neuropathic pain conditions: A systematic review of systematic reviews and recommendations for practice. Clinical Journal of Pain 2014. DOI: 10.1097/AJP.0000000000000088
- Mehta P, Claydon LS, Mani R, Hendrick P, Baxter DG. Investigating the psychometric properties of patient reported outcome measures in individuals with chronic diabetic neuropathic pain: prospective longitudinal cohort study protocol. Physical Therapy Reviews 2014; 19(6), 440-446
- Oakley R, Pattison J, Goldberg S, Daunt L, Samra R, Masud T, Gladman JRF, Blundell AG, Gordon A. New Horizons: Equipping Tomorrow’s Doctors for the Patients of Today. Age and Ageing 2014; 43 (4), 442-447
- Parry R, Faull C, Feathers L. Views of hospice staff, patients and their significant others on video-recording consultation for use in research and teaching. Supportive and Palliative Care 2014; 4(Suppl_1):A2-A3. DOI:10.1136/bmjspcare-2014-000654
- Parry R, Land V, Seymour J. How to communicate with patients about future illness progression and end of life: a systematic review. BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care 2014; 4(4), 331-41. DOI:10.1136/bmjspcare-2014-000649
- Radford KA, Grant MI, Sinclair EJ, Terry J, Sampson C, Edwards C, Walker MF, Lincoln NB, Drummond A, Phillips J, Watkins L, Rowley E, Brain N, Guo B, Jarvis M, Jenkinson M. Can stroke-specific vocational rehabilitation (SSVR) be delivered and measured? Feasibility randomized controlled trial and economic analysis. Clinical Rehabilitation 2014, 28(4), 406-7.247-253 DOI: 10.1093/ageing/aft155 ; first published online Oct 2013
- Rowe FJ, Barton G, Bedson E, Breen R, Conroy B, Cwiklinski E, Dodridge C, Drummond A, Garcia-Finana M, Howard C, Johnson S, MacIntosh C, Noonan C, Pollock A, Rockliffe J, Sackley C and Shipman T. A randomized controlled trial to compare the clinical and cost effectiveness of prism glasses, visual search training and standard care in patients with hemianopia following stroke: a protocol. BMJ Open 2014;4:e005885 DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-005885
- Sahota O, Drummond AER, Kendrick D, Grainge M, Vass C, Sach T, Gladman J, Avis M. REFINE – Reducing Falls In-patieNt Elderly using Bed and Chair Pressure Sensors in Acute Hospital Care: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Age and Ageing 2014; 43(2);
- Sampson C, James M, Whitehead P and Drummond AER. An introduction to economic evaluation in occupational therapy: cost-effectiveness of pre-discharge home visits after stroke (HOVIS). British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2014; 77(7): 330-335. DOI: 10.4276/030802214x14044755581664
- Smith BE, Diver CJ, Taylor AJ. Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy presenting as mechanical neck pain: A case report. Manual Therapy 2014; 19(4). DOI:10.1016/j.math.2014.04.008
- Threapleton K, Birks E, Sutton G, Rowe P, Newberry K, Drummond, A. A qualitative study to explore the potential of developing a virtual environment to support discharge planning after stroke. International Journal of Stroke 2014, 9, 47-48
- Vass C, Sahota O, Angelova T. Fear of falling after fragility fracture: a prevalence study. Age and Ageing 2014; 43(suppl 1):i29
- Vass C, Sahota O, Drummond A, Kendrick D, Grainge M, Gladman J, Sach T, REFINE – reducing falls inpatient elderly using bed and bedside chair pressure sensors linked to radio-pagers in acute hospital care: a randomized trial. Clinical Rehabilitation 2014, 28(4), 403
- Watson TM, Ford E, Worthington E and Lincoln NB. Validation of mood measures for people with multiple sclerosis. International Journal of MS Care 2014; 16(2): 105-109. DOI: 10.7224/1537-2073.2013-013
- Whitehead PJ, Drummond AER, Walker MF, Parry RH, McGeorge ID and Latif Z. Occupational Therapy in HomEcare Re-ablement Services (OTHERS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials 2014; 15: 447 DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-447
- Whitehead PJ, Fellows K, Sprigg N, Crompton A, Drummond AER, The use of a parallel cohort study in a randomized controlled trial design: the Home Visit after stroke (HOVIS) study. Clinical Rehabilitation 2014, 28(4), 411
- Whitehead P, Fellows K, Sprigg N, Walker M and Drummond A. Who should have a pre-discharge home assessment visit after a stroke? A qualitative study of occupational therapists’ views. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2014; 77(8): 384–391. DOI: 10.4276/030802214X14071472109752
- Whittamore KH, Goldberg SE, Bradshaw LE, Harwood RH. Factors associated with family caregiver dissatisfaction with acute hospital care of their older cognitively impaired relative. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2014, 62, 2252-2260
- Coole C, Watson PJ, Thomson L and Hampton R. How do GPs complete fit note comments? Occupational Medicine 2013; 63: 575-578
- Coole C, Edwards C, Brewin C and Drummond AER. What do clinicians think about hip precautions following total hip replacement? British Journal of Occupational therapy 2013; 76(6): 300-307 DOI: 10.4276/030802213X13729279114898
- Coole C, Drummond A, Watson P, Worthington E and Hammond A. Supporting workers with musculoskeletal conditions: A survey of United Kingdom occupational therapists’ communications with patients and their employers. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2013; 76 (11): 478-486
View more publications...
- Coole C, Drummond AER and Watson PJ, Individual work support for employed patients with low back pain: a randomized controlled pilot trial. Clinical Rehabilitation. DOI: 10.1177/0269215512446839. Published online 14 June 2012; 2013;27(1):40-50
- Drummond A. Green versus red? Excessive bureaucracy in practice. Editorial. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2013; 76 (11): 477
- Drummond AER, Edwards C, Coole C and Brewin C. What do we tell patients after their elective total hip replacement in the UK? A review of hip literature. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2013. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/14/152
- Drummond AER, Whitehead P, Fellows K, Sprigg N, Sampson CJ, Edwards C and Lincoln NB. Occupational therapy predischarge home visits for patients with a stroke (HOVIS): results of a feasibility randomized controlled trial. Clinical Rehabilitation, 2013: 27(5); 387-397; published online ahead of print 31 October 2012, DOI: 10.1177/0269215512462145
- Humphreys I, Drummond AER, Phillips C and Lincoln NB. Cost-effectiveness of a psychological support group for people with Multiple Sclerosis. Clinical Rehabilitation 2013; 27(11): 963-971. DOI: 10.1177/0269215513488608
- Jepson P, Beswick A, Smith TO, Sands G, Drummond A, Davis ET and Sackley CM. Assistive devices, hip precautions and environmental modifications to prevent dislocation and improve function after hip arthroplasty. [Protocol]. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD010815. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010815
- Radford K, Phillips J, Drummond AER, Sach T, Walker M, Tyerman A, Haboubi N and Jones T. Return to work after traumatic brain injury: cohort comparison and economic evaluation. Brain Injury 2013; 1-14 Early online. DOI: 10.3109/02699052.2013.766929
- Sahota O, Drummond AER, Kendrick D, Grainge M, Vass C, Sach T, Gladman J and Avis M. REFINE - REducing Falls in In-patieNt Elderly using Bed and Chair Pressure Sensors in Acute Hospital Care: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Age and Ageing 2013; doi: 10.1093/ageing/aft155 https://academic.oup.com/ageing/article/43/2/247/10785/REFINE-REducing-Falls-in-In-patieNt-Elderly-using?searchresult=1
- Whitehead PJ, Drummond AER, Walker MF and Parry RH. Interventions to reduce dependency in personal activities of daily living in community-dwelling adults who use homecare services: protocol for a systematic review. Systematic Reviews 2013; 2:49 doi: 10.1186/2046-4053-2-49. http://www.systematicreviewsjournal.com/content/2/1/49
- Drummond A, Coole C, Brewin C and Sinclair E. Hip precautions following PRIMARY total hip replacement; a national survey of current occupational therapy practice. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2012; 75(4) 164-170
- Drummond A, Whitehead P, Fellows K, Edwards C and Sprigg N. Occupational therapy pre-discharge home visits for patients with a stroke: what is national practice? British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2012;75 (9): 396-402. DOI: 10.4276/030802212X13470263980711
- Fletcher-Smith JC, Walker MF and Drummond A. The influence of hand use on dressing outcome in cognitively impaired stroke survivors. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2012; 75(1):2-9
- Holmes J, Ford E, Yuill F, Drummond AER and Lincoln N. Attendance at a psychological support group for people with MS. Disability & Rehabilitation 2012; 34 (15): 1323-1327
View older publications....
- Lincoln, N.B., Yuill, F., Holmes, J., Drummond, A., Constantinescu, C., Armstrong, S., and Phillips, C. (2011). Evaluation of an adjustment group for people with multiple sclerosis and low mood: a randomized controlled trial. Multiple Sclerosis, Published online before print May 25, 2011, doi: 10.1177/1352458511408753 Multiple Sclerosis Journal 17, (10) 1250-1257
- Pighills A, Torgerson D, Sheldon T, Drummond A and Bland M. Environmental Assessment and Modification to Prevent Falls in Older People. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2011; 59(1): 26-33
- Walker MF, Sunderland A, Fletcher-Smith J, Drummond A, Logan P, Edmans J, Garvey K, Dineen P, Ince P, Horne J, Fisher R and Taylor J. The DRESS trial: a feasibility randomised controlled trial of a neuropsycholological approach to dressing therapy for stroke inpatients. Clinical Rehabilitation DOI: 10.1177/0269215511431089 Published on line 16 December 2011; 2012; 26(8): 675-685
- Whitehead P, Drummond A and Fellows A. Research governance and bureaucracy for multi-site studies: implications for occupational therapy research British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2011; 74 (7), 355-358
- Ali M, Ashburn A, Bowen A, Brodie E, Corr S, Drummond A, Edmans J, Gladman J, Jongbloed L, Kalra L, Langhorne P, Lees KR, Lincoln N, Logan P, Mead G, Patchick F, Pollock A, Pomeroy V, Sackley C, Sunnerhagen K, van Vliet P, Walker M and Brady M. On behalf of the VISTA-Rehab Investigators. VISTA-Rehab: A Resource for Stroke Rehabilitation Trials. International Journal of Stroke 2010; 5(6):447-452
- Conroy S, Kendrick D, Harwood R, Gladman J, Coupland C, Sach T, Drummond A, Youde J, Edmans J and Masud T. A multicentre randomised controlled trial of day hospital-based falls prevention programme for a screened population of community-dwelling older people at high risk of falls Age and Ageing 2010; 39 (6): 704-710
- Coole C, Watson PJ and Drummond A. Staying at work with back pain: patients' experiences of work-related help received from GPs and other clinicians. A qualitative study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2010; 11: 190 HIGHLY ACCESSED.DOI: 10.1186/1471-2474-11-277
- Coole C, Drummond A, Watson PJ and Radford K. What concerns workers with low back pain? Findings of a qualitative study of patients referred for rehabilitation. Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation 2010; 20(4): 472-80. DOI: 10.1007/s10926-010-9237-5
- Coole C, Watson PJ and Drummond A. Low back pain patients’ experiences of work modification; a qualititative study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2010; 11:277 HIGHLY ACCESSED
- Coole C, Watson P and Drummond AER. Work problems due to low back pain: what would GPs do? A questionnaire survey. Family Practice Advance Access, published on 26 October 2009, doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmp074. Family Practice 2010; 27: 31-37
- Coole C, Drummond A, Sach TH and Watson PJ. Assessing the feasibility of collecting health care resource use data from general practices for use in an economic evaluation of vocational rehabilitation for back pain. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2010; 1356-1294. Article first published online: 26 AUG 2010 DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2753.2010.01364.x
- Hollands K, van Vliet P, Wing A M, Wright C and Hollands M. 2010. Stroke-related differences in axial body segment coordination during preplanned and reactive changes in walking direction. Experimental Brain Research, Volume 202, Issue 3 (2010), Page 591
- Irvine L, Conroy S, Sach T, Gladman J, Harwood R, Kendrick D, Coupland C, Drummond A, Barton G and Masud T. Cost-effectiveness of a day hospital falls prevention programme for screened community-dwelling older people at high risk of falls. Age and Ageing 2010; 39(7): 710-716 http://ageing.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/09/09/ageing.afq108.full.html?ijkey=jZqVaUzEzdVxt7o&keytype=ref
- Johannsen L, Wing A M, Pelton T, van Vliet P, Riddoch J, Sackley C and McManus, 2010 R.Short-tem effects of the BLETRAC exercise in chronic hemiparetic stroke as a function of the specific bilateral coordination pattern. Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, 24: 243-253
- Kerry R 2010 Clinical Reasoning and Combined Movement Theory in: McCarthy C (ed) Combined Movement Theory. Elsevier, London
- Kerry R 2010 Examination of the temporomandibular joint. Chapter in: Petty NJ (ed) Neuromusculoskeletal Examination and Assessment. Elsevier, London, in press
- Kerry R 2010 Examination of the upper cervical spine. Chapter in: Petty NJ (ed) Neuromusculoskeletal Examination and Assessment. Elsevier, London, in press
- Kerry R 2010 Examination of the cervicothoracic spine. Chapter in: Petty NJ (ed) Neuromusculoskeletal Examination and Assessment. Elsevier, London, in press
- Kerry R and Taylor AJ 2010 Haemodynamics and Combined Movement Theory in: McCarthy C (ed) Combined Movement Theory. Elsevier, London
- Phillips J, Drummond A, Radford K and Tyerman A. Return to work after traumatic brain injury: recording, measuring and describing occupational therapy intervention. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2010; 73(9): 422-430
- Westwater-Wood S, Adams N and Kerry R 2010 The use of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitaion in physiotherapy practice. Physical Therapy Reviews 15(1):1-7
- Childs A and Robertson S. 2009. Myofascial Release and Beyond. In: Margaret Hollis (Ed Elizabeth Jones) Massage for Therapists: A guide to soft tissue therapy. Third edition. Wiley-Blackwell Pub Ltd
- Childs A, and Original development group. 2009.Tai Chi and Chi Gung. In: National Guidelines on Integrated Approaches to Mental Health. The Prince’s Foundation for Integrated Health. www.fih.org.uk
- Connell, L, Lincoln, NB. and Radford, K 2008. Somatosensory impairment after stroke, frequency of different deficits and their recovery. Clinical Rehabilitation 22; 11, 758-767
- Coole C, Watson P and Drummond AER. Work problems due to low back pain: what would GPs do? A questionnaire survey. Family Practice Advance Access, published on 26 October 2009, doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmp074. Family Practice 2010; 27: 31-37
- De Wit, L., Putman, K., Connell, L. et al 2008 Anxiety and depression in the first six months after stroke. A longitudinal multicentre study Disability and Rehabilitation 30; 24, 1858-1866
- Durham K, van Vliet PM, Badger F and Sackley CM 2009. Use of informational feedback and attentional focus of feedback in treating the person with a hemiplegic arm. Physiotherapy Research International,14, 2, 77-90
- Hollands K, Hollands M, Wing AM and van Vliet P. 2009. Kinematics of turning 180 degrees during the Timed Up and Go in stroke survivors with and without falls history. Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair: 10.1177/1545968309348508
- Kerry R, Maddocks M and Mumford S. Philosophy of science and physiotherapy: an insight into practice. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice 2008. 24;6, 397–407
- Kerry R and Taylor AJ. 2008 Arterial pathology and cervicocranial pain – differential diagnosis for manual therapists and medical practitioners. International Musculoskeletal Medicine 30; 2, 70-77
- Kerry R and Taylor AJ 2009 Cervical arterial dysfunction: knowledge and reasoning for manual physical therapists. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy 39; 5, 378-387
- Kerry R, Taylor AJ, Mitchell, JM and McCarthy C. 2008. Cervical arterial dysfunction and manual therapy: A critical literature review to inform professional practice. Manual Therapy 13; 4, 278-288
- Kerry R, Taylor AJ, Mitchell JM and McCarthy C. 2008 Manual therapy and cervical arterial dysfunction – directions for the future. Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy 16; 1, 39-48
- Maddocks M, Byrne A, Johnson CD, Wilson R, Fearon KCH and Wilcock A. Physical activity level as an outcome measure for use in cancer cachexia trials: a feasibility study. Supportive Care in Cancer in press
- Maddocks M, Lewis M, Chauhan A, Manderson C, Hocknell J and Wilcock A. Randomised controlled pilot study of neuromuscular electrical stimulation of the quadriceps in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management (e-pub 11 Sep 2009)
- Maddocks M, Mockett S and Wilcock A. 2009 Is exercise an acceptable and practical therapy for people with or cured of cancer? A systematic review. Cancer Treatment Reviews; 35; 4, 383−390
- Snell J, Glassey N, Westwater-Wood S, Mockett S and Raynor K, Gore-tex bags versus traditional hand bandaging; comparison of range of motion, sensation and function in healthy subjects, Burns 2009 10;003
- Tyson S and Connell L, On behalf of the GMOM steering group. 2009 How to measure balance in clinical practice? A systematic review of the psychometrics and clinical utility of outcome measures of balance activity for neurological conditions. Clinical Rehabilitation 23; 8, 824-840
- Tyson S and Connell L, On behalf of the GMOM steering group. 2009 The psychometric properties and clinical utility of measures of walking and mobility in neurological populations: A systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation 23; 11, 1018-1033
- Tyson S, Connell L, Busse M and Lennon S. 2009 What do acute stroke physiotherapists do to treat postural control and mobility? An exploration of the content of therapy in the U.K. Clinical Rehabilitation, 23; 11, 1051-1055
- Tyson, S.F., Connell, L.A., Busse, M.E. and Lennon, S. 2009 What treatment packages do UK physiotherapists use to treat postural control and mobility problems after stroke? Disability & Rehabilitation 31:18, 1494—1500
- van Vliet P and Sheridan M 2009. Ability to adjust reach extent in the hemiplegic arm. Physiotherapy, 95, 176-184
- Vass C, Sahota O, Drummond A, Kendrick D, Gladman J, Sach T, Avis M and Grainge M. REFINE (Reducing Falls in In-Patient Elderly) - a randomised controlled trial. Trials 2009; 10:83, doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-10-83 HIGHLY ACCESSED
Drummond AER and Legg L. Occupational therapy after stroke; a right not a privilege? (invited editorial) Therapy 2008; 5(2): 195-197
Drummond AER and Legg L. ADL works! (invited editorial) British Journal of Occupational therapy 2008; 71(3): 85
Kerry R and Taylor AJ. 2008 Arterial pathology and cervicocranial pain – differential diagnosis for manual therapists and medical practitioners. International Musculoskeletal Medicine. 30(2): 70-77
- Kerry R, Taylor AJ, Mitchell, JM, McCarthy C and Brew J. 2008 Manual Therapy and Cervical Arterial Dysfunction, Directions for the Future: A Clinical Perspective. Journal of Manipulative and Manual Therapy. 16(1): 39-48
- Kerry R, Taylor AJ, Mitchell, JM and McCarthy C. 2008. Cervical arterial dysfunction and manual therapy: A critical literature review to inform professional practice. Manual Therapy. 13: 278-288
- Maddocks M, Petrou A, Skipper L and Wilcock A. Validity of three accelerometers during treadmill walking and motor vehicle travel. British Journal of Sports Medicine Online First: 13 August 2008 doi: 10.1136/bjsm.2008.051128
- Taylor AJ and Kerry R. 2008 How to recognise vascular flow problems in athletes – a clinical reasoning exercise. Sportex Medicine
- Tyson, S.F., Connell, L.A., Busse, M.E. and Lennon, S 2008 What is Bobath? A survey of UK stroke physiotherapists’ perceptions of the content of the Bobath Concept to treat postural control and mobility problems after stroke Disability & Rehabilitation 1st published July 7th 2008 Doi: 10.1080/09638280802103621
- Wilcock A, Maddocks M, Lewis M, England R and Manderson C. Symptoms limiting activity in cancer patients with breathlessness on exertion: ask about muscle fatigue. Thorax 2008;63:91–92
- Wilcock A, Maddocks M, Lewis M, Howard P, Frisby J, Bell S, El Khoury B, Manderson C, Evans H and Mockett S. Use of a Cybex NORM dynamometer to assess muscle function in patients with thoracic cancer. BMC Palliative Care 2008;7:3
- van Vliet P 2008 Feedback Device. Patent application. WO2008117064-A1, 2 Oct
- Coupar F, Legg L, Pollock A, Sackley C and van Vliet P. Home-based therapy programmes for upper limb functional recovery following stroke. (Protocol) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2007, Issue 4
- Hardy-Pickering R, Adams N, Sim J, Roe B and Wallymahmed A (2007). The use of complementary and alternative therapies in fibromyalgia. Physical Therapy Reviews 12, 249-260
- Logan PA, Sach T, Gladman JRF, Murphy A, Robertson K, Edmans JA, Radford KA, Walker MF, Drummond AE, Conroy S and Sahota O. Utilisation and private costs of assistive devices amongst older people who fall: An interview survey. International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 2007; (20) 138
- Logan PA, Murphy A, Drummond AER, Bailey S, Radford KA,Gladman JRF, Walker MF, Robertson K, Edmans JA and Conroy S. An Investigation of the Number and Cost of Assistive Devices used by Older People who had Fallen and Called a 999 Ambulance. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 2007; 70 (11): 475-78
- Legg L, Drummond AE, Leonardi-Bee J, Gladman J, Corr S, Donkervoort M, Edmans J, Gilbertson L, Jongbloed L, Logan P, Sackley C, Walker M and Langhorne P. Occupational therapy for patients with problems in activities of daily living after stroke; Systematic review of randomised trials. BMJ, (published 27 September 2007)
- Jones P, Drummond AER. and Vella K. Occupational Therapy for Paediatric Traumatic Brain injury: A survey of current practice. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2007; 70(4):154-160
- Kerry R and Taylor AJ 2007 Headache and neck pain. A sign of underlying vascular pathology? Part 1, The Osteopath Today, 13(1): 6-7
- van Vliet P Coordination of arm and hand in reach-to-grasp following stroke. 2007. Synapse, Autumn/Winter, 5-8
- van Vliet PM and Sheridan MR. Coordination between reaching and grasping in patients with hemiparesis and normal subjects. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2007, 88: 10;1325-1331
- Harrison–Paul J and Drummond AER. A randomised controlled trial of occupational therapy in oncology: A pilot study. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2006; 69(3): 130-133
- Legg L, Drummond AE and Langhorne P. A systematic review of Occupational therapy for patients with problems in activities of daily living after stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4, Art No CD003585 CD003585.pub2
- Masud T, Coupland C, Drummond A, Gladman J, Harwood R, Kendrick D, Kumar P, Morris R, Sach TH, Taylor R, Youde J, and Conroy S. Multifactorial day hospital intervention to reduce falls in high risk older people in primary care: a multi-centre randomised controlled trial. Trials, 2006; 7: p. 5
- Radford KA, Walker L, Gladman J, Rothera I, Hewitt D, Walker MF, Drummond AER, Logan P, Pinnington L and Jones R. Evaluation of the Daisy Chain Service: the role of the Specialist General Practitioner of Occupational therapy- Executive Summary. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2006; 69(4): 196-198