Achieving the balance between your academic and sporting ambitions is at the heart of our approach to supporting you at the University of Nottingham.
Our practitioners work 1-2-1 with student-athletes, taking a confidential and holistic approach. Their objective is to work closely with both athletes and coaches in order to minimise concerns in regards to issues that may compromise their performance in Sport or study. Practitioners have a professional duty of care to athletes to support their welfare and wellbeing throughout their performance journey.
The range of areas covered include:
- Dual career management: the integration of an athletic career alongside studies and employment
- Transition management: supporting athletes manage changes such as leaving school, junior to senior sport, funding, injury and personal life
- Advising athletes on goal setting
- Helping student-athletes identify injury prevention and recovery strategies
- Giving advice on time-management and planning
- Nutritional and Dietary advice
- Helping athletes find career pathways in preperation for life after study/sport
- Support athlete wellbeing
Coordinated by University of Nottingham Sport’s scholarship team, we also offer tailored support to our current and future performance athletes in a number of areas;
- Training programmes with 1-2-1 and small group sessions designed to fit around lecture schedules.
- Online lecture capture and notes to support student athletes with busy competition schedules.
- Support from University of Nottingham Sport to performance athletes facing extenuating circumstances due to sporting commitments.
- Opportunities for flexible study.
Our team of Trained and accredited practitioners at UoN Sport provide a fantastic support network. The Performance Lifestyle programme allows student-athletes to continue to grow and develop as people as well as sporting performers.