Are you a Chinese national Table Tennis or Badminton athlete?
Our Deng Yaping Sports Scholarship offers Chinese national students an opportunity to combine an international education at Britain's global university*, with performance sport opportunities across Europe. Scholarships on offer for 2019 entry:
2 x Masters scholarships
4 x Undergraduate Scholarships**
Closed for 2019 entry.
- 2 x full tuition fee scholarships including £12,180 subsistence for full-time Masters-level study (excluding MBA and MRes)
- 2 x £5,000 tuition fee scholarships for each year of study of a full-time degree
- 2 x £6,000 tuition fee scholarships towards the tuition costs of a Study Abroad/Presessional English language programme***
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for these scholarships if you:
- are a National Level B athlete or better AND
- are a national of (or are permanently domiciled in) the People’s Republic of China AND
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduate AND
- are already holding an offer to start a full-time degree at Nottingham in September 2019***
*The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2016
** Number of awards per degree type may vary subject to quality of applications received
***For Undergraduate Study Abroad/Presessional scholarships, you are required to be holding an offer to study with a start date that falls within the 2019/2020 academic year.
In addition to the above awards, successful candidates will also receive free access to all university sports facilities, free physiotherapy and free strength and conditioning support, as well as lifestyle management support and video analysis.
You will be required to represent the University in all University competitions, as well as national sporting competitions and events during your programme of study. You will also be expected to act as an ambassador for the University, to support high profile events and where appropriate support the development of your relevant sport through coaching and/or mentoring.
Applications will be assessed by the University of Nottingham Sports Department. We aim to notify applicants of the scholarship outcome within 6 weeks of the closing date.
Application for admission to study at Nottingham must be received at least six weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for our Admissions Office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the scholarship. Any application for admission to study submitted later than six weeks before the scholarship closing date is not guaranteed to be processed in time.
Deng Yaping Scholars at Nottingham
Here is what our 2015 Deng Yaping Scholarship winner says about their scholarship:
"I chose the University of Nottingham as it is one of the most famous universities in the world and Deng Yaping is my role model. The scholarship will support me to achieve my academic goals whilst being able to move forwards with my table tennis objectives. It is a great honour to me. By removing financial barriers, the scholarship will make my education and career goals easier to obtain."
Haoyu Liu from China (pictured right), studying MSc Business and Management.
Find out more and apply