Be inspired and achieve your ambitions!
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**.
In 2019, we are offering 5 scholarships of £2,000 each towards tuition fees to students from Africa*** registering on our Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate.
Closed for 2019 entry
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for this high achiever prize if you:
- are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) an African country*** AND
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an offer to start on the Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate at Nottingham in September 2019. You must have gone firm on that offer by 05 July 2019.
***Three of these scholarships will be reserved for students from Kenya or Nigeria
About our Foundation courses
The University of Nottingham foundation courses provide an entry route to selected degrees in arts, business, engineering, science and social sciences and are an opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to undertake a bachelors degree while studying at a world-class university.
You can find out more about our Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate here.
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application within six weeks of the closing date
- Students will only be eligible to receive this high achiever prize if they meet the conditions of their academic offer
- The high achiever prize is for the first year only
High Achiever Foundation Prize Scholars at Nottingham
Here is what one of our 2014 High Achiever Foundation Scholarship winners says about their scholarship:
"With the scholarship, it has been easier for my parents to pay the remaining part of my fees. The scholarship has driven me to put more effort into my studies because I feel the need to excel and give back to those who have given to me... My studies have been going on quite well and I feel that I have learnt so much in such a short period. I also like that the priority of every lecturer is the students’ satisfaction."
Ihuoma Kelechi Okorie from Nigeria (pictured right), who was awarded the (discontinued) High Achiever Foundation Scholarship (Arts), and has gone on to study BA Hons International Media and Communications Studies.
Find out more
*QS World University Rankings
**Research Excellence Framework 2014