Interested in gaining some real-world experience in how a small-medium UK technology company works?
GeoSLAM is are a young and vibrant technology company based in Bingham, Nottingham. We design and manufacture handheld, mobile 3D laser scanners which create 3D models of real world spaces. Our scanners are used all over the globe by some of the world’s largest and most prestigious engineering, surveying and construction firms.
We have scanned the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, the Eden Project in the UK, as well as countless caves, mines, forests and buildings around the world.
Why would you want to join GeoSLAM? As a vibrant, young and fast-moving company, this is an excellent opportunity to really be part of something that is expanding across the world. Our mobile scanners are having a disruptive impact on an industry (surveying) that is often seen as stuffy and old-fashioned.
Some GeoSLAM stats:
- Over the last 12 months, we have doubled our staff numbers – and are always on the lookout for new, talented people to join our team
- We nurture people to grow with the company - to gain new skills, to learn new applications
- Our office culture is one of mutual respect, communication, openness and tolerance
- As a modern, global company, we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Length of opportunity: 10 weeks
Salary/hourly rate: £9 per hour
We have recently implemented a Customer Relations Management system (CRM) called Salesforce. This is basically a smart piece of software which allows us to keep track of our growing customer base and to record all of the sales, quotes, repairs, etc that flow in and out of the company.
We need someone to help us to transfer our existing database of customers from numerous sources into Salesforce. The goal is to have every single customer and contact in Salesforce with as much information as possible (location, market sector, website, contact details, etc) by autumn.
Besides this crucial role, there are other, more marketing-focused activities:
- Preparing media (photos, videos, 3D point cloud images) for uploading to social media channels
- Creating and sharing content on social media and the GeoSLAM website - using Wordpress
- Contacting and speaking to customers to obtain testimonials and potential case studies
- Assisting with the planning, design and organisation of global exhibitions and events
- Updating and ordering brochures, business cards, flyers, etc
We are looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm, who loves a challenge. You won’t be phased by taking on new tasks, and you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it. You are also happy to get stuck into a task and work on it independently.
Specifically, the qualities and skills that we are looking for are as follows:
- You are studying for or have completed a degree in marketing, geography or another geospatial subject
- You are confident with using a Windows PC, Outlook for emails and you will also know how to work with Excel spreadsheets and Word
- You are up for a challenge and willing to learn new skills and applications
- You are organised, you can work independently but you are also a strong team player
- You like working in a vibrant, busy, (sometimes noisy!) office environment!
- Experience with using Wordpress to build or maintain websites
- Interest in new technology
- Interest and awareness of social media
- Experience of using the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)