Our aim is excellence in teaching and research to sustain a healthy supply of food. We study fundamental and applied animal and plant science, agricultural production; economic and environmental sustainability; food manufacturing, processing and consumption; the interaction between food, animal and human health; food safety, and the biotechnological processing of farm products.
The School of Biosciences is proud to be an Athena Swan Bronze Award holder.
Research Excellence Framework
The outcomes of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework have been announced. Across the Schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science, 97% of work was judged to be of international quality and 37% of work was assessed as world-leading (4-star). We are proud to have the top ranked research environment within Unit of Assessment 6 (Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science).
- Information for students from the Vice-Chancellor.
- As one of six sites in the UK awarded funding from Health Data Research UK the Midlands partnership, made up of the Universities of Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Warwick, and University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, aims to make pioneering improvements in people's health.
- Dr Richard Masterman, Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research Strategy and Performance, celebrates the University's outstanding success in securing funding from BBSRC.
- 10 - 12/04/2018
- Three days Food Flavour training from industry and academic experts.
- We invite staff from across the University and industrialists to join us at our Research in Action event that will showcase research and knowledge exchange capabilities on the Sutton Bonington Campus.