Supporting your research
Doing a PhD in the Faculty of Arts is about more than producing a thesis.
We give you the space, time and facilities to develop across all areas - academically, professionally and personally.
Whether you are planning an academic career or heading into professional work we'll support you all the way.
- Award-winning training and development.
- Dedicated study and social spaces.
- Specialist staff.
- Wellbeing support.
Graduate Centre website
- Access to collections worldwide.
- Specialist postgraduate training and support.
- Extensive historical collections.
- Advice for researchers.
- Specialist software and equipment.
- Supporting digital in research.
- Support for beginners to near-native speakers.
- Classes and self-access resources.
- Outstanding public arts programme.
- Placements and exhibition support.
- Award winning collections.
- Volunteer and research opportunities.
- Advice for academic and non-academic careers.
- Specialist postgraduate-focussed staff.
- Access to the latest vacancies.
- Practical skills development and networking.
Careers support for PhD students
Any questions? Contact us
The Faculty of Arts is part of a world-class research university