We provide our students with significant academic and personal support to complement their educational and social experience at Nottingham. When you join Nottingham University Business School you will find an outstanding range of facilities and resources.
There is a Student Services Centre on each campus that provides a one-stop service for all students.
Comprehensive support and access to a variety of academic and personal issues, from fees and finance, student administration, disability issues, careers and more are available.
Support at the Business School
Every undergraduate, MSc, MBA and Executive MBA student has a personal tutor who is a member of the Business School faculty. Tutors give students guidance and advice on academic matters or any issues related to their studies.
Skills and development
The Business School offers additional specialist support for undergraduate students to develop skills that enhance your employability prospects and support your studies. Our Skills and Development Manager, Jackie Andrews, is responsible for:
- supporting students with their transition into working independently at university
- the Professional Development in Leadership and Management Programme that all first year Business School students take alongside their degree to develop key skills
- individual and/or small group student consultations for general guidance on academic and professional development
- supporting the professional accreditation that several of our courses include
Careers and recruitment
Our extensive careers service supports you throughout your time at university to ensure that when you do graduate, you are well-prepared for the world of work.
Support is available for undergraduates, postgraduates (MSc and MBA students benefit from a specialist service), and alumni.
All students have access to one-to-one consultations with a careers professional to explore career options, skills workshops, employer presentations, careers events, psychometric testing and the latest vacancy information.
In addition postgraduate students have:
- career and professional development embedded into their degree programmes
- visiting speakers to provide expert advice on careers aligned to our postgraduate specialisms
- bespoke online resources for career planning including a career assessment package from Harvard Business School
- access to tools and techniques to assist with postgraduate level recruitment processes