A questionnaire was sent to all veterinarians in the UK registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) in October 2010. Participants had the option of filling in the questionnaire on paper or via an electronic questionnaire.
The aim of this questionnaire was to get the profession involved with the Centre right from the very start and to find out what they think on a number of issues. It also gave us the opportunity to inform the profession about the Centre.
The topic areas of the questionnaire included:
• Common species and conditions seen in practice
• Amount of information available to practitioners
• Information sources available to practitioners
• What the profession thinks of EVM
• What the profession thinks of practice-based research
We had an amazing response rate, with over a third of profession completing and returning the survey—thank you!
Some of the results, on common conditions, have been published and the rest are currently being analysed, and our website will be updated as more information becomes available.
Contacts: Marnie Brennan, Torben Nielsen, Rachel Dean, Natalie Robinson