Review of support for disabled staff at the University of Nottingham
A full review of support for disabled staff at the University of Nottingham has been published, examining the levels of support available and how this is accessed and experienced by disabled staff.
The review was chaired by Professor Sarah Sharples, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The scope of the review included:
- On-boarding support for staff following appointment
- Induction support and reasonable adjustments when joining the University
- Response to disclosure of a disability whilst working at the University, and support available following disclosure
- Support for progression and promotion
- Inclusive management
- Inclusion on campus
The review identified strengths and areas for improvement across the following themes:
- Experience of being disabled
- Physical and digital infrastructure
- Culture and behaviour
- Support for line managers
- Specialist Support provision
A comprehensive action plan to address the issues raised in the review, increase access to consistent support and encourage the sharing of best practice has also been published.